amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July 2-3 severe weather and flash flooding

Ian

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torrents here for a good 10-15 minutes near montgomery mall. Didn't get much lightning but it was there. No hail that I saw or heard. A good wind gust knocked out my power. Need to head back soon to see if it's back on. I don't need severe. A good summer rain is enough for me.

it's back on.  win.  

Crow postponed. My forecast for immediate DC held out somewhat.

Not even close. If you say today wasn't a good storm day you're only going to be happy every once a 2012 derecho.

Not even close. If you say today wasn't a good storm day you're only going to be happy every once a 2012 derecho.

Well, I have seen better to be honest. This was a nice Vegas monsoon storm. I thought the night storm a few weeks ago was better.

Well, I have seen better to be honest. This was a nice Vegas monsoon storm. I thought the night storm a few weeks ago was better.

It wasn't high end or anything but still probably one of the handful of better widespread days you get around here every summer.

I was completely correct about Ches Beach/northern calvert. Cancelled fireworks for some clouds and breezes. We have an incredible split over us where every storm goes north to annapolis/Baltimore or south towards Solomons island and dry slots us every single time.

I keep on seeing all the talk about heavy rain today. I keep on seeing all the talk about heavy rain tonight.

However, experience tells me that Woodbridge should be under 50 percent pops for some light rain showers overnight.

I thinks some ppl both on here and even at NWS are a bit too overexcited about Arthur, doing a lot of wishcasting, and hoping for heavy rain in northern Virginia and in the mid Atlantic.

I feel that we all need to take about fifty deep breaths and realize that this will be no PRE event.

Arthur is moving OFFSHORE. He will NOT affect us in any way. The only way ppl will be affected by Arthur is they are standing in Cape Hatteras right now.

We will see a few showers overnight. Then the hurricane will move northeast and get above our latitude, and this will let the cold front pass thru. Then drier air will work in overnight into the holiday.

NWS should be frackin' ASHAMED of themselves for putting heavy rain in Woodbridge's forecast today and tonight. We had spotty showers at best, and we will have a few showers tonight too. I will get no more than a quarter to a half inch of rain through noon tomorrow.

For this being a convergence zone I have never in my entire life seen things dry out so fast!!!!!!!!!!!! Our forecast is so damned EMBARRASSING that I'm in tears. However, Maryland will get decent rainfall overnight. I wont get shyte.

Someone needs to go the hell back to meteorology school and learn somethings.

I was completely correct about Ches Beach/northern calvert. Cancelled fireworks for some clouds and breezes. We have an incredible split over us where every storm goes north to annapolis/Baltimore or south towards Solomons island and dry slots us every single time.

I've been complaining about this on here for almost two months but its mostly DC/Baltimore metro people on here so they don't get it. Its like a donut hole of no precip just over north and central Calvert- storms either run across Lexington Park and Solomons or AA Co. north. Most of this region has a surplus of rainfall while down here we've had almost no rain for two months now. Everyone's lawn down here is completely burned up. So much for LWX 100% chance of rain yesterday lol - screwed again!

Couldn't post yesterday because I didn't have internet, but now I'm good.

The severe t-storm that passed through Harford County at about 5:30 PM yesterday was best storm I've had in awhile. Got a few great pictures of the storm before it hit. Winds peaked at 41 mph, with frequent gusts to 35 mph. Not much rain though, only .37". Not too much lightning either, except there was one strike that was audible within 1 second of seeing the flash. Two trees fell that I know of, one still across the road.

Overall, it was a pretty good storm.

I doubt I had much more than a tenth over the last 5 days. Managed to just miss the btichin storm the other night that took trees down and knocked out power in Queen Annes county. Missed most everything yesterday, and last night and this morning it was all to my SE. Probably about a 10 mile wide jip zone in NW Caroline county with one inch or more amounts a few miles either side. Seems to happen here every summer. Soil is bone dry, and I am in the woods so the grass is rapidly crisping up. Sprinkler time this evening. Fun.

Archived