• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Discussion

HimoorWx

Disgusting out...Td's at MVL and MPV are both 70F. Blizz would be proud.

Warmest low of the season at 64F.

BTV didn't get below 75F. Eek would love it there in the summer. Yesterday's low was 72F too.

BTV is the only place to my north I'd ever consider moving to.  I'm unbearably jealous. 

Td of 71 here... feels like summer. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV is the only place to my north I'd ever consider moving to.  I'm unbearably jealous. 

Td of 71 here... feels like summer. 

The summer in BTV when the flow is southerly is like living in a hair dryer... like today, 87/70 right now with sustained 15-20mph, gusting 25-30mph as the terrain funnels the flow.  And then you get no radiational cooling at night with the steady south wind.

Certainly great uncertainty and far from a lock but the coastal COC's can certainly start practicing their noose tying.  Theater owners would be psyched.

THURSDAY AND FRIDAY...THIS PORTION OF THE FORECAST IS VERY LOW

CONFIDENCE DESPITE THE MODEL AGREEMENT ON THE OVERALL PATTERN. LOW

PRESSURE OFF THE SOUTHEASTERN U.S. COAST HAS DEVELOPED INTO TROPICAL

DEPRESSION 1. THIS IS FORECAST TO BECOME TROPICAL STORM ARTHUR IN

THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS AND THEN TRAVEL SLOWLY UP THE EAST

COAST...PASSING TO THE SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND LATE FRIDAY

NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. AHEAD OF THIS EVENT...THERE ARE

INDICATIONS THAT THE APPROACHING MID LEVEL TROUGH AND COLD FRONT

WILL INTERACT WITH THE TROPICAL MOISTURE STREAMING NORTHWARD FROM

THIS TROPICAL SYSTEM...RESULTING IN A PREDECESSOR RAIN EVENT. THESE

EVENTS ARE VERY POORLY FORECAST BY THE MODELS...PARTICULARLY WHEN IT

COMES TO WHERE THE AXIS OF HEAVY RAIN SETS UP. THEREFORE...KNOWING

WHETHER THE RAIN WILL OCCUR ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND OR FARTHER

TO THE SOUTH AND WEST IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY. WHETHER OR NOT THE PRE

EVENT SETS UP ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...THERE IS ALSO SUFFICIENT

MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY FOR SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TO DEVELOP

AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING COLD FRONT. EXPECT MUCH OF THIS PERIOD TO

BE QUITE WET...WITH A COMPLETE WASHOUT POSSIBLE. THERE IS A

POSSIBILITY OF DRIER WEATHER LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY

NIGHT. HOWEVER...THIS IS MOST LIKELY ACROSS THE INTERIOR...AWAY

FROM THE APPROACHING TROPICAL SYSTEM.

I don't think anyone is prepping a noose for a day or two of rain. Stinks that the 4th is in jeopardy...but given that the rest of the holiday weekend is looking great...I don't think anyone is getting too bent out of shape.

High dews blow anytime of the year, Thank god its short lived up here

Totally agree. Any TD above 60 is muck, IMO. Last year the swamp rolled in around solstice time and never moved for about 5 weeks. August then was very refreshing. Hoping for a shorter run of H&H this summer, though 1st half of July isn't looking great for that hope.

Temps look similar or 1-2F warmer than yesterday, but low 60s dews have been replaced by the season's first +/-70. Could not dodge it forever...

You says that cuz your on sidelines holding water for your kids. But you play 90 min in high dews while they stand in the shade.

I work outside all day and absolutely love it.  Today was sports dress up day and I wore my Red Sox 2014 World Series Champion hat along with my Bruins jersey and my Bruins scarf.  

These breezy srly winds do bring in cooler air

Off the south coast by dusk here. Rather nice outside right now. Waters are still cool this time of year.

Maybe for you. Downslope city up here. Still in the 80s imby which is rare for this time of night.

I work outside all day and absolutely love it. Today was sports dress up day and I wore my Red Sox 2014 World Series Champion hat along with my Bruins jersey and my Bruins scarf.

You love it cuz of the convection potential...but deep down inside that Mcdonalds body, you enjoy air conditioned rooms just like the rest of all warm blooded animals.

You love it cuz of the convection potential...but deep down inside that Mcdonalds body, you enjoy air conditioned rooms just like the rest of all warm blooded animals.

I've never had A/C in my bedroom before until just last week and that's only b/c my girlfriend moved in and she said the A/C is going in.  I will admit though I do have it on even though she isn't here but it's b/c the kitties like it.  I never had A/C before and when I lived with my mom my bedroom throughout the entire summer would be right around 90F and maybe cool into the mid 80's at night.  

Archived