• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Discussion

HimoorWx

Congrats. I'm a 12 handicap and for picking up the game 7 years ago..... I come from a moving sports background, hitting a still ball now is completely reprogramming my awesome athletic DNA lol.

That's very good for only 7 yrs of play,  Folks think its easy because it just sits their, Its a very difficult sport, I came from the same background so adjusting from a baseball swing can take some time,I typically play 80-100 rnds/yr, But back problems have not allowed me to play at all this season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very good for only 7 yrs of play, Folks think its easy because it just sits their, Its a very difficult sport, I came from the same background so adjusting from a baseball swing can take some time,I typically play 80-100 rnds/yr, But back problems have not allowed me to play at all this season

Holy expensive 80-100rds a year. See, I only play maybe 10-20rds a year but hit the range 3/4 times a week....that's where I feel I get better.

Holy expensive 80-100rds a year. See, I only play maybe 10-20rds a year but hit the range 3/4 times a week....that's where I feel I get better.

Have had a club membership for over 30 yrs, Game has suffered since the back problems and going to the range is not an option at all, And right now playing a round is not an option either, Very discouraging going from playing 3-4 times a week to 0

Monday was 84 degrees at Mia casa, nice breeze mixing, yesterday with the big breeze was 84.5 , muggy but certainly not a brutal HHH uncomfortable day. 

Never underestimate the power of a breeze to make the otherwise uncomfortable quite manageable.  Stagnant humid air vs. moving humid air is similar to a pond vs. a stream. 

Have had a club membership for over 30 yrs, Game has suffered since the back problems and going to the range is not an option at all, And right now playing a round is not an option either, Very discouraging going from playing 3-4 times a week to 0

Ugh...I'd go insane if my back ever gives out on me. Have you checked out or know Atlantic Spine Center? You can googly google them. They are based in NJ but two friends of mine had back problems since college soccer and they swear by this center, that it gave them a new lease on life.

Ugh...I'd go insane if my back ever gives out on me. Have you checked out or know Atlantic Spine Center? You can googly google them. They are based in NJ but two friends of mine had back problems since college soccer and they swear by this center, that it gave them a new lease on life.

Unfortunately, I am not an easy fix, I have been to several doctors and a 2 level fusion (4 Vertebrae) is what has been recommended by them with no guarantee, So i have put off having any surgery

Unfortunately, I am not an easy fix, I have been to several doctors and a 2 level fusion (4 Vertebrae) is what has been recommended by them with no guarantee, So i have put off having any surgery

Sorry to hear about this and the impact it has had on your playing golf, it would drive me nuts.  Does this have any impact on your ability to ride your sled?  As you well know, that can be torture on a bad back.

Sorry to hear about this and the impact it has had on your playing golf, it would drive me nuts.  Does this have any impact on your ability to ride your sled?  As you well know, that can be torture on a bad back.

The funny part about it it does not, Siting is not a problem like it is for most with back issues, Its walking and standing for even short periods of time, The compression from standing and walking place pressure on a couple nerves that effect my legs and they go numb, Going to try an inversion table to see if i can get some relief from that

The funny part about it it does not, Siting is not a problem like it is for most with back issues, Its walking and standing for even short periods of time, The compression from standing and walking place pressure on a couple nerves that effect my legs and they go numb,

Jeez that sucks

I fear something like that I hope you find a solution. The golf addiction alone might push me towards that surgery but I dunno. Backs are so complex

The funny part about it it does not, Siting is not a problem like it is for most with back issues, Its walking and standing for even short periods of time, The compression from standing and walking place pressure on a couple nerves that effect my legs and they go numb, Going to try an inversion table to see if i can get some relief from that

What about that gadget where you hang upside down from?

Jeez that sucks

I fear something like that I hope you find a solution. The golf addiction alone might push me towards that surgery but I dunno. Backs are so complex

Yeah, It is a real complex surgery, And not one i want to take a chance on, I was told to expect 10-12 hrs on the table

Can't blame you. That's a long time, and pretty invasive surgery with a chance it won't really work out.

Maybe with time you can find some sort solution or method of keeping the pain down

That is what i am working on now, Something more natural then pain drugs.................. :)

Archived