• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Discussion

HimoorWx

We heard that for this week and we had dews in the mid- upper 70's today thru Fri. It's coming right back

oddly so so didn't read or hear that,everyone and their brother had this week as HHH.Did you read that on the kids wx forum you were on while you were on self imposed exile?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised Boston changed the Esplanade fireworks to tomorrow night and not Saturday night.  Friday eve could be very wet with Arthur but heavy thunderstorm chances are pretty high tomorrow PM/eve with the stalled front.  Even if its dry at firework time with thousands of people coming down early aren't they risking people being caught out in storms/lightning?  Saturday eve looks great, dry low humidity and a weekend, not a commute day.  Don't get it??/ 

Man I had a great convective night! We sat out for an hour under the canopy watching the storms training over us. I commented we don't get this level continuous lightning and thunder and rain in Boston too often. Beautiful weekend everyone!

Man I had a great convective night! We sat out for an hour under the canopy watching the storms training over us. I commented we don't get this level continuous lightning and thunder and rain in Boston too often. Beautiful weekend everyone!

Pretty cool down here to for over the north shore

Now these are Florida dews. This is just like when I was down there last August. 75/73 in FMH..just did a 5 miler along the beach road and it was high dew heaven. Still sweating after a cold shower ftw. Everyone in the house has had 3-6 pieces of furniture stuck to them as they get up after sitting

Enjoy.

Thankfully last night was tolerable with mid-upper 60s all night. 67.6 now after a low of 65.

It sucked staying in a hotel.  I can't stand air conditioning.

Looks like there's quite a difference in temps between the western areas and the rest of SNE.

67.5/67 at the Pit--most be a very wet ground out there below the Davis!!

Steve calling for CoC's most of next week after Tues.Not seeing it, but maybe he's onto something

Steve posted what yesterdays Euro showed and didn't call for that. I will call for this, perfection COC weekend again. wonder if the Hurricane scours out the humidity for a long time

Tonight is higher risk vs tomorrow to me. Saturday night would have been safe and still weekend.

They moved it to tonight because the music talent is not available Saturday night...if they were, then Sat night would have been a no-brainer.

Tomorrow night looks like crap though right now...but tonight is certainly still risky.

They moved it to tonight because the music talent is not available Saturday night...if they were, then Sat night would have been a no-brainer.

Tomorrow night looks like crap though right now...but tonight is certainly still risky.

Lol, a non-weather related factor? Elementary, my dear Watson!

Worst 4th was when I went down to the esplanade in steady rain and temps in the upper 50s in 1992. Canceled the 4th to the 5th with the next day overcast in the 60s.

1992 and 1978 were the worst for weather on the 4th historically in SNE.

Saturday would have been perfect but the "Artists" have other contractual commits. So if they shoot the load tonight does that mean Friday is a no performance? Personally could careless of any individual performers. To me in the past the show  was always the 1812 overture and then ooh and haaaa climaxed by the sneakers being knocked off. Nothing will beat '76 I was perched on top of an Indian statue in between the shell and the howitzers.

Saturday would have been perfect but the "Artists" have other contractual commits. So if they shoot the load tonight does that mean Friday is a no performance? Personally could careless of any individual performers. To me in the past the show  was always the 1812 overture and then ooh and haaaa climaxed by the sneakers being knocked off. Nothing will beat '76 I was perched on top of an Indian statue in between the shell and the howitzers.

Was relating 76 with my wife who is 12 years my junior. I was with my ex wife on the Longfellow Bridge watching it all. What was special was how tense the city was in general that year especially around race. But for that one day, everyone loved each other. The next day I went to California and interviewed for a job that changed the direction of my life (on balance) positively.

Archived