joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got some rain last night.  It held together just long enough to get something.  Picked up .25" and hopefully we get more today.  It's currently cloudy however so it's probably going to limit our instability.  PWATS are higher today so if we can get under anything it should be an efficient rainfall maker.

Still no meaningful rain over here either and anything that comes my way seems to fall apart. It's raining lightly now but will end up not amounting to much. We need the tropical system the GFS had for so long to come up in here since that's the only way much of upstate SC gets good rain this summer I think.

That was a very weak rain.  Storms forming all around us but not here.  At least we got .25 last night.  Looks like this is gonna be Columbia and Charlotte's day instead of GSP.

I'm afraid that's how this entire summer will be. Simply because even in very dry summers the I-77 corridor still gets rain. No real in rain here in almost 3 weeks now.

Gust front coming through now. Only thing in the air is dust. As usual few miles north is getting a nice storm. Maybe tomorrow...I'm not holding my breath. I'm expecting to wake up to cloudy skies and pops dropped to 20-30%.

I'm old.  Went to bed about 8:00 last night.  Heard some powerful rain roll through afterwards.

Local news says it was wind, not rain.  Only lasted 2-3 minutes... max.

Kinda pee*d me off.  I was having REM Sex.  Discovered 4 of my cats were sleeping in my bed at the time.  Not sure.

Grabbed .34" from that line as it passed through. Wonder how much blew over the top of the gauge :D Here it is, almost an hour later, and steam is still rising from the roads in front of the house. They've really been soaking up the heat these last few days.

T today. Won't even complain because of yesterday. The storms did some crazy things to dodge the area today. 80% chances never work out.

Here are the rainfall totals for the SE for the year based on radar estimates. My backyard has 29.79 inches for the year so I'm guessing this map is accurate except for the times when it underestimates how much rain is falling. It also doesn't have the rain that fell across the SE yesterday added. Area near mobile is near 70 inches of rain for the year.

I will delete this if it is too big.

2ahehed.png

25uqfsh.png

Accurate for me as well.  I have 20.76" recorded from my PWS for the year so far.  0.18" so far today.

T today. Won't even complain because of yesterday. The storms did some crazy things to dodge the area today. 80% chances never work out.
Here are the rainfall totals for the SE for the year based on radar estimates. My backyard has 29.79 inches for the year so I'm guessing this map is accurate except for the times when it underestimates how much rain is falling. It also doesn't have the rain that fell across the SE yesterday added. Area near mobile is near 70 inches of rain for the year.
I will delete this if it is too big.

No lie.....this is like hurricane rain. Total whiteout and swirling too!!

What do think the winds were with that storm? Sounds close to something like we had yesterday.

80 and just finished raining. Picked up 0.09. Also had a double rainbow in the sky. Took several photos of it. Also our neighbor need to do something about that big *** tree branch hanging over there house. If that sucker snaps off the tree and rolls off the roof, that is going to do some damage. Probably a 100% chance of busting some windows over here.

What do think the winds were with that storm? Sounds close to something like we had yesterday.

80 and just finished raining. Picked up 0.09. Also had a double rainbow in the sky. Took several photos of it. Also our neighbor need to do something about that big *** tree branch hanging over there house. If that sucker snaps off the tree and rolls off the roof, that is going to do some damage. Probably a 100% chance of busting some windows over here.

I would guess 50ish. Took out two fairly good size trees at the tops, not the root ball. Snapped em off in the swirling winds. At least 2.5 inches so far today and still coming in from the south. Tree damage across the triad between last night and tonight is fairly significant. Not ice storm, but significant.

For the last 15-20 minutes I've been hearing rumbles from the west.  The line is currently straddling the AL/GA border and man, it's noisy.

It's a lot more thunder than I'd expect at this distance from a cell that is not already a big SVR.  The radar is nowhere near as impressive as the advance sound - that cell has some growin' up to do, real fast, or be sued for false advertising.

Today was mostly overcast, with little heavier patches passing over headed NNE, but as the afternoon went on the motion shifted more E than N.  We had one patch of good soaking rain, and a couple of drive-by sprinklings.  There was very little clear sky for the afternoon heating to get through, until after 5pm.

Right on queue that blob of convection starts weakening as it enters Spartanburg county.  Today storms have tracked through the western upstate and eastern upstate towards I-77 but not much in b/w.  Just can't get under anything decent anymore.  Even when we get likely pops something like cloud cover or convection along the gulf always manages to screw it up.  I can't recall any event that hasn't underperformed since the January snow bust.

Not sure how much we had but we had a mini training event this morning right over town. The ride into work was terrible roads flooded etc.....

GR3 shows an inch near Greenville to 4 inches over by Grimesland to 1.5 - 2" around Washington

Edit: That's total since yesterday morning.

so far this week the storms have been a complete no-show.  big ones disappear just as they approach mby lol - maybe a handful of flashes and a few gusts.  however, i guess i shouldnt complain seeing how dry a lot here still are.  even without the storms, the rainfall total has managed to top 1.25" over the last couple of days

although it would be nice to have a good storm make it to mby

Archived