• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs

mackerel_sky

Outflow came through around 7:00, wind picked up from the NW, blowing in at about 5 mph (yes, 5)  for almost 7 seconds , then the line exploded about 7 miles away to the SE and E. Miss the rain, but not the wind or hail. Still have an 80' pine that came down last week to deal with.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outflow came through around 7:00, wind picked up from the NW, blowing in at about 5 mph (yes, 5)  for almost 7 seconds , then the line exploded about 7 miles away to the SE and E. Miss the rain, but not the wind or hail. Still have an 80' pine that came down last week to deal with.

Your getting it now it appears, radar really lit up over that way.....

We scraped .17" from the 2 complexes overnight. Airport 2 miles away got .49" in one 30 minute span. 2 inches or more 6 miles East in Smithfield.

Seymour had two gust over 60 mph last night with that complex.......

0106 62 SEYMOUR JOHNSON AFB WAYNE NC 3534 7797 54 KNOT WIND GUST REPORTED AT SEYMOUR JOHNSON AFB (RAH)

0115 63 SEYMOUR JOHNSON AFB WAYNE NC 3534 7797 A SECOND WIND GUST AT SEYMOUR JOHNSON AFB MEASURED 55 KNOTS. (RAH)

We scraped .17" from the 2 complexes overnight. Airport 2 miles away got .49" in one 30 minute span. 2 inches or more 6 miles East in Smithfield.

Lightning was quite intense here in 40/42 area as I was going to bed last night, but I don't think it rained too much here either.

It hasn't rained in like 10 days. The skies are still healing from the destructive storm we saw.

97 and sunny.

I'm not gonna use the "D word".  

Just finished watering some suffering plants.

Last time I witnessed it this dry was the last "major" SE drought.  Creek bed behind my house...

...1st time ever (after 30+ years) went completely dry. 2000ish? Late 90's?

Hiked back then.  All the streams, everywhere in vicinity, were dry.  Catawba, near hwy 16... Mountain Island was "silly low".

Place I grew up swimming... a long cove off Mountain Island Dam was completely empty.  Surreal, it was.

Lol its 99 degrees outside.

Crapper Jim, I believe the last major drought was 2012. Beryl and Debby eliminated the drought in SGA and FL, while everyone else was still suffering from the drought conditions.

Edit: Temperature dropped to 83. No rain. Just strong winds.

This is bull. We have had storms in the forecast forever, and only picked up decent rain twice. Then you have areas all around, especially Savannah area, everywhere in FL, basically everywhere but Waycross, Blackshear, and Douglas, that get good storms every day.

Just had some evil wind. No rain or thunder, but hardcore wind...it blew my little pots of peppers off the railing, blew the bigger flower pots off the railing and broke my gigantic tomato plant in half  :(

I finally was able to make the tomato plant stand back up with some stakes, but it is a pretty bad break. I am hoping it doesn't die, it has a few nice big green tomatoes growing  :(

Not cool, wind. Not cool.

Fringed again with another trace.  At least this time we didn't miss out on a big storm like yesterday.  Still would have been nice to pick up 1/4" the surrounding areas received.  If there is one thing that is certain, it is we are always close to a nice rain.  Now if we could get more than one good rain every 2 weeks we would be in business.  The last 2 months we have had 30% pops just about everyday but we have only received significant rainfall 4 times.  That comes out to 6.67%. :lmao:

Interesting that the mesoscale discussion talks about a possible watch in NC and SC when the atmosphere is much more moist and unstable in SE GA compared to up there. CAPE values are 5000 J/KG here vs 4000 J/KG up there. Everything else is higher as well.

95, sunny, hot, and dry. There is a fire south of here. I can see it on radar.

Interesting that the mesoscale discussion talks about a possible watch in NC and SC when the atmosphere is much more moist and unstable in SE GA compared to up there. CAPE values are 5000 J/KG here vs 4000 J/KG up there. Everything else is higher as well.

95, sunny, hot, and dry. There is a fire south of here. I can see it on radar.

Congrats to everyone around me. The storms just couldn't compete with the portals :(

Archived