joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day and yet another miss from 2 decent chances. Not 1 drop of rain and now the forecasts seem to hint that storms coverage goes down from here for at least 6-7 days. And by the way the drought monitor shows that dryness is starting to appear in parts of NC and SC. I'd expect that to spread over the next few weeks.

No rain here.  Storms were a few miles north and south earlier.  Mostly cloudy at the moment so I doubt we get anything significant.  90% pops in my grids to start...now down to 60%.  Give it another couple hours it will be down to 30%.  .25" in 16 days with thunderstorms in the forecast basically everyday.

Was all set to go mow the weeds and grass after the noontime ¼" had evaporated off the weeds and blades of grass, then got hit with another heavy shower that dropped .40" in 30 minutes at 5:00. No big winds with either storm today, thank goodness. It's cooled down a little, but still has that Jimmy Buffett tropical feel to it when you step outside. Just a degree or 2 from being muggy.

Storms just a couple miles north again.  Gonna be another miss unless that blob pivots.  What was moving northeast and primed to hit us takes a northward turn for another near miss and only drizzle.

It's going to take a tropical system for us and the 2 that post from Greenville and Laurens counties to get good rain. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Until five minutes ago, there was lots of thunder here from the cell traveling along the south edge of Douglas County.  It looks markedly weaker now on the latest scan.  No rain for me from that one as it was a few miles S of here.

We did get the overcast from it, which cut down on the direct-sun-heating. It's been overcast a good chunk of the day, with only a few breaks for the sun to do its thing.

There are other cells popping up on radar, activity seems to be picking up as the afternoon progresses.

I wonder if this will continue the streak of Atlanta getting a SVR on Friday afternoon to trash rush hour.  Granted, rush hour is usually trashed anyhow, even moreso in summer when the vacation travelers on the interstates pass through ... but a SVR doesn't help at all.

Managed to scrape out a couple tenths of rain last night.  That puts us a little under a half inch of rain in 17 days.

HRRR looks promising for this afternoon in the upstate even though we only have a token chance in our forecast grids.  Radar looks pretty quiet right now though other than some popcorn showers.  The HRRR has been pretty good the last few days for our area so maybe it will get that big blob of precip over the entire upstate right.  :weenie:

I would not count on any rain today in the GSP metro. According to GSP we would have decent to widespread coverage by now, but radar shows not 1 cell anywhere close.

Need that line to hold up crossing the mountains and dropping SE to hold together. It would probably get here between 7-9 pm, if it holds

Archived