TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

800 PM EDT WED JUN 25 2014

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A low pressure area could form off of the southeastern coast of

the United States by early next week. Some development of this

system is possible if it remains over water while it drifts

southward or southwestward.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

$$

Forecaster Stewart

Kind of interesting, but , unless there's a monster high to the N shunting it W/NW torwards me, I could care less! 84 and dry currently!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been mostly a dry june and hot one here in Western North Carolina but have had many days of thunderstorms and so far we have had 3-4 wet microbursts to affect the area here. It was about 2 weeks ago when we had 1 each day for 3 days. Kinda crazy seeing these types of storms here. It's rare to see winds over 65 MPH here but in the winter winds are usually that high here. 

About to get a screw job.  Heavy rain just a mile away.  Of course the break in the convection is centered right on top of me and not moving.  Now everything is redeveloping away from me.  :axe:

Charlotte area getting nailed again....definitely no surprise there.

No kIdding. I'm just north of Charlotte and haven't had any measureable rain since the 16th.

getting disgusted at this point lol.  no rain in two weeks, although it sure has been close.  all these days with high chances of storms have lead to a whopping 0" imby.  storms heading in from the west just disappear as they approach the county :(

Pops have already been dropped back to 30%.  Likely pops=no rain 95% of the time this summer.  Just 2 days ago we had heavy rain in the grids through Sunday, now we will be lucky to get measurable rainfall.  I wouldn't trust whatever wetness the GFS is showing.  It has been wrong most of the time this summer....at least for mby.

We have no rain in the forecast but man its muggy out there and the low off the coast seems closer and more robust than they thought and already some "bands" of showers are forming along the coastal areas from its rotation. The system offshore will be a depression overnight tonight or 11 am tomorrow at the latest.

Yeah, the GSP forecast discussions as of late, this weekend , for example, have been talking about alot of rain, wet weekend, etc, only to back off on a daily basis and come up with reasons the forecast failed! One thing that has been used alot the past month has been: NW/W flow will cause drying in the upstate ! Boy , they nailed that one!!

82 and super-muggy!

Yeah, the GSP forecast discussions as of late, this weekend , for example, have been talking about alot of rain, wet weekend, etc, only to back off on a daily basis and come up with reasons the forecast failed! One thing that has been used alot the past month has been: NW/W flow will cause drying in the upstate ! Boy , they nailed that one!!

82 and super-muggy!

If there has been a clear trend this year, that is it. Rain/storm chances look good 3+ days out only to diminish markedly as we close in. If I were forecasting, I would go no higher than 20% for rain chances outside of two days, until nature proves it can do something different.

90 degrees and a huge complex / line of storms to my wear, slowly migrating east. If this goes around me, I'm moving to Waycross ! :(

Agreed.

Normal stuff around Charlotte... my son, in Charlotte, got a big 'un yesterday - I was on the phone with him.

Wish this were actually "moving", though.

Best chance in 2+ weeks.

Archived