joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

Here's my outdoor shower:

post-1620-0-30568300-1400525314_thumb.jp

post-1620-0-68804800-1400525869_thumb.jp

Ever skip a day or two in a row and not shower?

If it's a work day in the office, I never skip a day, always shower before going to work.  If it's not a work day at the office, 95% of the time there is a shower to rinse off the funk from yard work or mowing the grass.  I tend to get covered with grass clippings when I mow, since I just blow them out of the mower onto the lawn and don't bag them.  Even if I don't mow, an evening shower is great.  I like to go to bed clean.

But my cars on the other hand, I could care less.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not like outdoor showers.  Used one once at my friends beach house down on the CT shore...there were spiders in there...I made my friend stand near me b/c I was too scared.  

We get our fair share of spiders in our indoor showers--and most other indoor places.  Country living at it's best.

LOL at all the shower posts.

There won't be much mowing happening in GC before Monday.  Heavy, heavy growth ensuing.  We'll be paying for all this rain in spades with the onslaught of bugs that will ensure.   Worst part of the warm season by far in my opinion.  FTL.

Bug splats all over the front of the car and windshield FTL.. I hate driving on the highway.. You have to carry a bottle of windex and paper towels with you wherever you go

Man, the grass is growing wicked fast at this point.  I really wish I could get my damn mower back--I've paid (yes, ashamed to admit it) to have the lawn mowed twice while it's in simply for service.

This is ridiculous.  Next year, I'm just calling Sears.  They send the guy over who lifts it up, takes care of everything in 3 hours and you're on your way.  This wait is ridiculous.

New garden in, yard of compost shoveled,lawns mowed,new gorilla cart assembled, old camper sold and delivered, so this is a day off summer style ,can't wait for ski season,lol

LOL

Planting beds built and redone. Definitely disrobed after looking at it.

Pics?  (not of you disrobing!)

That show it was at my mom's. I've only seen 2 spiders in my bathroom since moving in December

I didn't realize you moved. Where'd you go?  A bachelor pad for Wiz?  Look out ladies!

In the late 1970s/early 1980s they were insane

Either 1982 or 1983, the drive from about CON to Milford, MA was all bare branches, even the pines and hemlocks (and for the latter, one full defoliation was a death sentence.) Ironically, given later events, white ash were spared - guess the gypsy moth caterpillars were saving those for the emerald ash borers. Gypsy moth is on the increase, but I think the (intentionally) introduced polyhedral virus will prevent outbreaks like the 1980s.

LOL

Pics? (not of you disrobing!)

I didn't realize you moved. Where'd you go? A bachelor pad for Wiz? Look out ladies!

My brother, his girlfriend, and myself got our own apartment in December, right around the corner from my mom. My gf was going to move in but only if she really finds a job this way I guess.

Archived