Newest Member
    joxey
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

yard cleanup number 1 of 4 done so that I could get down my lawn winterizer.

My grass for whatever reason is nuclear green right now.  Oaks flipping me off.   Every year I say to myself I should put up the Christmas lights with the warm weather.  Every year I'm out in 19 degree weather putting them up.

Did a partial cleanup. Probably 60- 70% leaves down now. Grass is starting to get that winter look, but still pretty green.

I'm having someone clear the leaves here (best money I've spent the last 5 years) this week.  There's one area that I tackled myself a couple weeks back to keep me from feeling like a total loser. The lawn there is still plenty green--just as it had been throughout the COC summer.  Not an ounce of watering needed and not a hint of high heat.  Oh, if we can do it again....

ideal time to put down winter fertilizer?  I did mine Monday 11/10-hope I'm not too late?

not too late at all given your locale. lot of the commercial guys in my area put it down over the last week or so. look for those little lawn flags

• 3 months later...

It will cool down again, but there's nothing exciting going on for at least a few days. So.......

1) It will cool down again, but

2) we torch today

3) lengthening days/increasing sun angle

Makes me wonder:

1) When will lawns reappear (3 weeks in most areas)

2) When will Kevin be referencing BDL conditions as the same for his backyard (as soon as his snow begins to melt)

3) When will I need to spend all my time tending to the damn pool (12 weeks)

4) When will leaf-out take place (8 weeks at the Pit)

5) when will I need to mow the lawn for the first time (8 weeks)

Archived