CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh.. You just need a job that allows you to work from home. Very few jobs in private sector that don't allow that these days

Fatal mistake by employers last year.  Pushed me over the edge in terms of entering the job market. Should have a new job by next month.  They will be shocked.  Thats what they get for living in the 1980s with employees.

What happened to shovelers? Build the banks

I have a complex driveway with junctions that I share with a neighbor...shoveling takes way too much time and I have to be too careful where I put the snow.  The blower (mounted on my tractor) makes short order of that.  You'd like what I do with snow though.  Instead of a concentrated pile, I blow it over one part of my yard and build up a 2-4' snowpack over a 20x40' area and it's usually the last snow to melt in neighborhood, even longer than others banks.

I thought you worked as a captain on deep sea fishing tours?

I do that on weekends and vacation days.  Weekdays I sell expensive dead fish in Boston.

here's a small fish I got 2 weeks ago.  105" 900 lbs. Straight to Japanese auction. Hence why I'm in the market for a new snowblower.

l7i4rv3.jpg

Looks like a $15K fish.

Sans snowblower, I much prefer a snow scoop to a shovel in most places - obviously not for the stairs.  Much faster plus easier on the back.  Of course, when using a scoop, one always has to plan for the next storm(s) when clearing the current one, and in overnight bombs like Feb. 22-23, 2009 (24.5") I had to shovel out a place in which to begin dumping scooploads.

Lesco is now selling 10 lb bags of grass seed which is huge.

I did 2 areas in my lawn.  I ran out of Lesco double eagle and had to buy Pennington.  The double eagle came in 50% thicker than the Lowe's stuff.

Make sure your comparing the type of seed (Rye,Tall Fescue, Creeping Fescue,Blue) vs just the brand. Eacn type has a different growth rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived