joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vivint ruined a neighbors roof. Also they only offer zero down deal,so that they maximize their profit off your roof.I went with real good solar company and they offered different packages that your could pick from. Vivint is a home security company turned solar company.

Has anyone looked into solar panels? Vivint came by and pitched the idea. It sounds like a no brainier, but I'm trying to see what the catch is.

Solar panels are a no brainer as far as I am concerned. I had them installed by RealGoods Solar two summers ago and now my utility owes me money. Federal tax credit of 30% of the cost doesn't suck either.

Heavy heavy grass

image_zps9eb416b4.jpg

image_zps088e2926.jpg

image_zps8f0f29b0.jpg

Looks great, Kevin.

It is way too early to do any spiking.  But, I might, might, might have broken the back of my knot weed problem.  There's relatively little this year.  For the past three years, I've mowed it frequently and overseeded the area each of the last two  years.  I don't know if I was wasting grass seed or not, but I was hoping to at least hide the hknot weed as much as possible.  For now, there have been relatively few stalks coming up.  Maybe, just maybe.....

Looks great, Kevin.

It is way too early to do any spiking.  But, I might, might, might have broken the back of my knot weed problem.  There's relatively little this year.  For the past three years, I've mowed it frequently and overseeded the area each of the last two  years.  I don't know if I was wasting grass seed or not, but I was hoping to at least hide the hknot weed as much as possible.  For now, there have been relatively few stalks coming up.  Maybe, just maybe.....

Thanks.

Hopefully you are able to completely rid yourself of that. Luckily don't have any of that here.

Thanks.

Hopefully you are able to completely rid yourself of that. Luckily don't have any of that here.

It won't take root on an established lawn.  It typically grows on the edge of woods.  The area I had cleared had 6' stalks of the stuff with bulbs the size of large cantaloupe.  Just horrible stuff--I think it can grow about 2"/day.

Just came across this from the state of Tennessee (I think?).  Disasta!!

PHYSICAL REMOVAL OF JAPANESE KNOTWEED STEMS

We recommend that wherever possible, the stem growth of Japanese Knotweed be cut to ground level, shredded into environment agency approved sacks and removed on Weed Management licensed transport for onward incineration or burial at approved locations.

Pollen disaster is now here. Oaks here are probably 2/3 leafed out...I can clearly see the leaves. Funny that other places around here look more like Kevin's yard. Anyways my hemlock has a nice cloud of yellow death coming from it. My eyes FTL.

No poillen issues here yet.  It'll probably happen all at once.

Archived