joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol who cares. 3" was gone in 6 hours today. No more pics from Kevin I'm guessing, melting in the dark of night.

I thought the wintery appeal was kind of cool this morning, until I realized 4 hours later, when all paved surfaces were bare...that it ain't winter anymore.

Rain FTN (for the neutral.)

ec/ecens came way south for the 9th and look a little wintry initially for NNE on the front end for the weekend.

Dendrite,  do you think the possible event in the 4/9-4/12 range could be like the Nova Scotia hurricane monster, but much closer locally this time. Another big time phase bombogenesis event.  Looks like the jets and pattern are huge for big potential storm.  Please comment if this has 1/2 the potential of 3/26 hyper storm ... Is there a chance this big event flips the pattern to sustained very warm in the 4/18-4/30 range this month? I would also love to see Tip's look at this whole thing.

Lol who cares. 3" was gone in 6 hours today. No more pics from Kevin I'm guessing, melting in the dark of night.

I thought the wintery appeal was kind of cool this morning, until I realized 4 hours later, when all paved surfaces were bare...that it ain't winter anymore.

Rain FTN (for the neutral.)

Ground is still snow-covered this morning. April 1 with about 1 inch OTG Not bad

image_zps0d7465bc.jpg

Kevin, do you think this snowpack has potential

to hang around through Easter because of high water content and potential phasing of the 4/9 storm with dual jet structure and dynamics that rival the hurricane monster of

nova scotia? Do you see Archembauly event on 4/9 to keep snowpack around through Cinco de Mayo with highs in the 30s into May? Please advise.

to hang around through Easter because of high water content and potential phasing of the 4/9 storm with dual jet structure and dynamics that rival the hurricane monster of

nova scotia? Do you see Archembauly event on 4/9 to keep snowpack around through Cinco de Mayo with highs in the 30s into May? Please advise.

I tell you leaf-out by Flag Day in the interior Northeast. :shiver: Hope I am wrong here.

Mike meet JB

Pattern for next week is wild.All models with threat of major winter like event,fits with phase 3 MJO.Massive cold in Canada lurks mid month

Bet JB is glad March is over...he went 0 for the month on storms...including a call for 1-2 feet from Bridgeport to Boston last week... :axe:

Look at that AK ridge. Good luck warm wx lovers.

The "warm" days will be limited to those sun angle days where mid-level temps are near 0-4C but you can manage upper 50s or low 60s.

Definitely no true warmth in that pattern. We'll have to see....but there may a couple more snow threats.

The "warm" days will be limited to those sun angle days where mid-level temps are near 0-4C but you can manage upper 50s or low 60s.

Definitely no true warmth in that pattern. We'll have to see....but there may a couple more snow threats.

Yeah you'll get the token DSD days, hooray.  I feel like a cold shot is in the cards mid month with a pattern like that. Cold is relative in April, but it's there just over the border.

I'm pretty sure we're entering a favorable Milankovitch cycle.

Latest I've retained snowpack here is 4/23, in 2001, and snow also stayed thru 4/20 or later in 2007 and 2008.  Given the very modest warming in the midrange forecasts, this season could contend for latest snowpack, especially because the 33-34" out there now holds over 10" water.  Each of those 3 other years reached 70+ on/near 4/20, and unless something changes radically, I'm not seeing anything close to that.

Yeah you'll get the token DSD days, hooray.  I feel like a cold shot is in the cards mid month with a pattern like that. Cold is relative in April, but it's there just over the border.

The AK ridge has been one of the most stubborn features since the 2nd week of November when it flipped (after some were freaking out over the vortex in October)...we can't rid of it. Everytime it gets beaten down, it just comes back within a week.

The AK ridge has been one of the most stubborn features since the 2nd week of November when it flipped (after some were freaking out over the vortex in October)...we can't rid of it. Everytime it gets beaten down, it just comes back within a week.

We may have a shot at below normal this month. Would be impressive to have 6 months in a row below normal, given the last several years.

Look at that AK ridge. Good luck warm wx lovers.

As was already stated, warmth is a relative term now at this point.  If you are referring to climate mean than we are likely below normal but days with highs in the 40s and low 50s won't feel all that cold.  Throw in a few days around 60F and it's all good.  I'm more concerned about the inclement weather.  I would just like some time now to drain the soil.  I was out on our fields yesterday and they are water-logged.  1st games are this Saturday and the weather is not looking great that day either.

As was already stated, warmth is a relative term now at this point.  If you are referring to climate mean than we are likely below normal but days with highs in the 40s and low 50s won't feel all that cold.  Throw in a few days around 60F and it's all good.  I'm more concerned about the inclement weather.  I would just like some time now to drain the soil.  I was out on our fields yesterday and they are water-logged.  1st games are this Saturday and the weather is not looking great that day either.

Well 40s to low 50s with sun is pretty bad for April...especially towards mid month. It will feel fine in the sun so long wind doesn't accompany it. Inclement wx is a lock as well for the next two weeks. It won't be rain every day, but could be a good dose Friday Night and then whatever happens next week. The point is, it's not a pattern that offers much warmth and could offer a lot of precip.

Archived