joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typhoon Tip,  April is going to be a complete spring late winter disaster month.. one of the worst ugliest Aprils ever and possibly of our lives.  Seriously.  Could see an April 1982 redux possible around 4/5 and maybe another chance again around 4/10 to 4/15 with possible snow to the coast and beaches.  Looks like pure Arctic air will take over in the mid month period and lock in for awhile. Maybe 20 to locally 30 negative departure F days.

Looks like a month with 8-10 sunny days and the rest overcast.  Mabe only 5-6 days with sun this month based on absolutely horrible pattern.  Close the blinds until May 10th at this rate.

At least until 4/20 we suffer with cut-offs, stalled boundaries to our south and blocked up pattern in North Atlantic.  I think we slowly improve 4/20-4/30, and go back and forth 5/1-5/10 and start to get warm after that.  For above 60 F, four days and for above 70 F, two days around 4/23-4/26.  Very chilly and wet month ahead.  One of the worst 10 Aprils in the last 30 years I'd say is coming. The 6Z 3/29 GFS is virtually no sunshine except for Tuesday and Wednesday this upcoming week for the entire run.  Almost looks like a 4/1982 redux pattern in the middle of the run if it adjusts the jets and Arctic High pressure areas.  Are we going into the same type of pattern that 4/1982 had ?  This is the worst April model run I have seen in my life.  The 00Z 3/29 ECMWF and GGEM are just about the ugliest model runs you would ever see for our area.  Complete crap weather month en route.... Sorry.  Time to add the accompanying smell with that imaginary toilet flushing sound I added earlier.  I see Arctic air taking over the middle portion of the month with night freezes and barely above freezing 35-40 highs taking over for a possible time around 4/10 to 4/18.  Looks serious and real for a very cold wet month.  There is no support for the contrary on the models.  Show me if you can find it.  Am I correct in what I am seeing, pro Met analysis added would be interesting on this.  Bud break on trees will happen around 5/15, latest probably on record, full leaf out by 5/30.  the late blooming trees will be fully leafed out by Flag Day.  Will likely run a 4 weeks late bud and leaf out.  Pattern and cold waters look extremely anomalous.  Early June may be the hottest part of the summer before a worst blend of 1992/1997/2000/2009 takes over and makes those cool Summers look very warm.  Bet on this folks.... to happen...

Typhoon Tip,  April is going to be a complete spring late winter disaster month.. one of the worst ugliest Aprils ever and possibly of our lives.  Seriously.  Could see an April 1982 redux possible around 4/5 and maybe another chance again around 4/10 to 4/15 with possible snow to the coast and beaches.  Looks like pure Arctic air will take over in the mid month period and lock in for awhile. Maybe 20 to locally 30 negative departure F days.

Looks like a month with 8-10 sunny days and the rest overcast.  Mabe only 5-6 days with sun this month based on absolutely horrible pattern.  Close the blinds until May 10th at this rate.

At least until 4/20 we suffer with cut-offs, stalled boundaries to our south and blocked up pattern in North Atlantic.  I think we slowly improve 4/20-4/30, and go back and forth 5/1-5/10 and start to get warm after that.  For above 60 F, four days and for above 70 F, two days around 4/23-4/26.  Very chilly and wet month ahead.  One of the worst 10 Aprils in the last 30 years I'd say is coming. The 6Z 3/29 GFS is virtually no sunshine except for Tuesday and Wednesday this upcoming week for the entire run.  Almost looks like a 4/1982 redux pattern in the middle of the run if it adjusts the jets and Arctic High pressure areas.  Are we going into the same type of pattern that 4/1982 had ?  This is the worst April model run I have seen in my life.  The 00Z 3/29 ECMWF and GGEM are just about the ugliest model runs you would ever see for our area.  Complete crap weather month en route.... Sorry.  Time to add the accompanying smell with that imaginary toilet flushing sound I added earlier.  I see Arctic air taking over the middle portion of the month with night freezes and barely above freezing 35-40 highs taking over for a possible time around 4/10 to 4/18.  Looks serious and real for a very cold wet month.  There is no support for the contrary on the models.  Show me if you can find it.  Am I correct in what I am seeing, pro Met analysis added would be interesting on this.  Bud break on trees will happen around 5/15, latest probably on record, full leaf out by 5/30.  the late blooming trees will be fully leafed out by Flag Day.  Will likely run a 4 weeks late bud and leaf out.  Pattern and cold waters look extremely anomalous.  Early June may be the hottest part of the summer before a worst blend of 1992/1997/2000/2009 takes over and makes those cool Summers look very warm.  Bet on this folks.... to happen...

I am a little interested to see if this idea does pan out. I am really seeing nothing indicating the level of chaos you are depicting :/

I am a little interested to see if this idea does pan out. I am really seeing nothing indicating the level of chaos you are depicting :/

You should see what he writes in the NYC sub forum. His posts always have a tendency and i put this very lightly to be extreme. Only a matter of time before he posts HECS potential for next weekends storm :lol:

Drunk this early?

Watch 4/9-10....18 year anniversary this year.

Ensembles bullish on that date...but then again they liked 4/5 a few days ago and that one it looking more cutter-ish now...or even if it redevelops, too warm.

4/9 though looks cold at the moment for that setup.

Ensembles bullish on that date...but then again they liked 4/5 a few days ago and that one it looking more cutter-ish now...or even if it redevelops, too warm.

Yeah both guidance showing it. I thought 4/5 might be interesting a few days ago...but almost looks like a cold rain now.

Scooter still posting watch 4/6 period? 1996 is analogged

Archived