• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

Ginx is trying to continue cold and winter in April in PAC flow zonal pattern. Eventually he has to realize its April and the cold pattern has changed

It doesn't look warm though...I think that is the point. It actually looks below average for temps in early April...not deep arctic intrusions though like March...but the title of this thread looks pretty incorrect at the moment.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't look warm though...I think that is the point. It actually looks below average for temps in early April...not deep arctic intrusions though like March...but the title of this thread looks pretty incorrect at the moment.

Ill change it as we get closer if need be , but for now it looks to me anyway , like the first week or so is normal to slightly above

They aren't really all out torch days either...they will be above average, but maybe 60ish in the torch spots? Probably 50s for the rest of us. I definitely do not see anything approaching 70F.

We'll do well to get much (if any) above 45 up here.  My avg temp for March 28-29 is 44/23 - more likely to be significantly above the low than the high.

We'll do well to get much (if any) above 45 up here.  My avg temp for March 28-29 is 44/23 - more likely to be significantly above the low than the high.

Agreed.

You are almost certain to get at least one more significant snow (>4") in this early April pattern....possible multiple ones.

I'll say this...even early April temps near average or just a tick below is going to feel like a torch for many considering we've been having January/February temps in March.

Agreed.

You are almost certain to get at least one more significant snow (>4") in this early April pattern....possible multiple ones.

I'll say this...even early April temps near average or just a tick below is going to feel like a torch for many considering we've been having January/February temps in March.

As you say, the major -EPO pattern leading to arctic intrusions seems to be over after another bitter day tomorrow. We still have some weak -NAO blocking, and the mean ridge is to our west, so I think April starts a little below normal.

People have to remember the last couple of days have been near -20F anomalies....Central Park was 35/21, which was -17, for yesterday...same story today and tomorrow really. Average highs are around 50F now, and are in the mid 50s by the second week of April. Even normal to slightly below normal temperatures, say 50/35 at Central Park in early April, will feel incredibly warm. 

Agreed.

Absolutely.  At my place we haven't had a day with mean temp 35+ since Nov. 19.  That's my avg temp for April 1.

Saturday might be pretty sh**ty too...rain tries to make it in by midday and there's a CAD signal for interior...so I wouldn't count on hacky sack for either weekend day.

torch according to Kev

Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Friday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 7am, then rain showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night Showers likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

torch according to Kev

Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Southwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Friday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 7am, then rain showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night Showers likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Add 6-10 degrees to Friday and 3-5 Sat

I just hate when Scooter acts like this. It's a wx board. People talk temps. Don't read the board if you can't handle it

hes bitter about the ending, held promise but fell apart. I am with him though,only so much meh temp talk you can take.Great winter for weather discussions with lots of chances. Hopefully we have one more like Ens point to. If not its baseball season which eases the pain. Reconditioning the bike for off road Mtn biking season, got to stay in shape for next ski season,felt great to really extend myself again.I lost a 7 year old in weight so far, another Scooter size baby to go.

Well getting back on topic..the next 7 days sounds like spring/April

OVERALL TREND FOR THE WEEKEND LOOKS TO BE WET BUT CANT RULE OUT A
WASH-OUT AT THIS TIME. TEMPS LUCKILY WILL BE MILD...INTO THE MID
50S WITH A TOUCH OF 60S POSSIBLE. HOWEVER THE TEMPS MAY STRUGGLE
TO REACH THAT WARM AS CLOUDS WILL LIMIT DIURNAL HEATING. STAY
TUNED TO THE LATEST FORECASTS ON UPDATES FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKEND.

MONDAY AND BEYOND...
UPPER LEVEL LOW THAT DEVELOPED OVER SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WILL BE
SLOW TO PUSH WELL INTO THE OUTER WATERS LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.
HOWEVER GUIDANCE IS INDICATING A STRONG UPPER LEVEL RIDGE TO MOVE
OVER THE REGION STARTING THE WORK WEEK OFF AS DRY AND MILD.

Well getting back on topic..the next 7 days sounds like spring/April

OVERALL TREND FOR THE WEEKEND LOOKS TO BE WET BUT CANT RULE OUT A

WASH-OUT AT THIS TIME. TEMPS LUCKILY WILL BE MILD...INTO THE MID

50S WITH A TOUCH OF 60S POSSIBLE. HOWEVER THE TEMPS MAY STRUGGLE

TO REACH THAT WARM AS CLOUDS WILL LIMIT DIURNAL HEATING. STAY

TUNED TO THE LATEST FORECASTS ON UPDATES FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKEND.

MONDAY AND BEYOND...

UPPER LEVEL LOW THAT DEVELOPED OVER SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WILL BE

SLOW TO PUSH WELL INTO THE OUTER WATERS LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.

HOWEVER GUIDANCE IS INDICATING A STRONG UPPER LEVEL RIDGE TO MOVE

OVER THE REGION STARTING THE WORK WEEK OFF AS DRY AND MILD.

Let brush fire season begin!

What else is there to talk about in April? If you have something better please divulge

why can't you and ginxy just disagree and be done with it, instead of belaboring the point over and over and over and over and over and over.......

you think 60's friday, he thinks 40's.

we got it, move on.

Archived