Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doctor Data himself, nah I didn't take it the wrong way. It sucks how easily emotion is misinterpreted online.

GEM really focused everything on the western low @12z, that's why we saw such vast improvements. (forgive me I am catching up)

Like 55-60 knot sustained on ACK :lol:

How low does the Euro go? Sub 970?

If only we could get the last minute shift west this time instead of east.

Who knows. That event kind of snuck up on everyone because of the previous storm. That trended from nothing to what it ended up being in like 36-48 hours.

We still have 30+ hours to sort this out. I think the cape sees a good event. Places such as Plymouth and bristol county are still in limbo of sorts. If this thing ticks west 25-50 miles, that had huge implications for those areas. If this ticks east 25-50 miles we may not see much of anything.

As far as I'm concerned southeast ma is still within the conversation for snow showers or a foot. The cutoff is going go be comical

Who knows. That event kind of snuck up on everyone because of the previous storm. That trended from nothing to what it ended up being in like 36-48 hours.

We still have 30+ hours to sort this out. I think the cape sees a good event. Places such as Plymouth and bristol county are still in limbo of sorts. If this thing ticks west 25-50 miles, that had huge implications for those areas. If this ticks east 25-50 miles we may not see much of anything.

As far as I'm concerned southeast ma is still within the conversation for snow showers or a foot. The cutoff is going go be comical

Agreed. Likely one of those razor thin cutoffs.

It ends up potentially feeding on itself and could create some significant shifts east - or turn out to be the sticking point in the model presentations to date.  We'll see soon!

Model convective feedback running away with the eastern low  vs.   true convection feedback accelerating cyclogenesis

Former could lead to some surprises in the next 24 hours. Latter could pull this even further out to sea.

Wish we had a better handle on this. When models first depicted that eastern-most low blossoming far east (several days ago), there was briefly some discussion of convective feedback. But it's been shown persistently, and dominant over the rest of the energy spinning around the trough.

Model convective feedback running away with the eastern low  vs.   true convection feedback accelerating cyclogenesis

Former could lead to some surprises in the next 24 hours. Latter could pull this even further out to sea.

Wish we had a better handle on this. When models first depicted that eastern-most low blossoming far east (several days ago), there was briefly some discussion of convective feedback. But it's been shown persistently, and dominant over the rest of the energy spinning around the trough.

Yep.  Part of this is also a function of the speed of the digging trough which all of the eastern models delayed.  We will have to see how that plays out rolling forward, they do go hand in hand.

Archived