12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this will be the opposite of that 1978 comparator bust of January '87. What would be worse for you: This, or 3 days of sustained blizzard watch/warnings, with OMGisms constantly scrolling for days ... Then waking up with flurries and dim damning sun? ...believe me this is karma sutra compared to that!

In my unmeteorological way of explaining it, the height contours were pointing more north when the low was down in GA - like the images I posted of the GFS "farting" in different directions run to run.

It doesn't look all that far off from 12z in a lot of ways, but the end result will be different for many.

actually quite a bit further west than the 12z euro.

You can see what happened right from init.  Either we've really got a UA problem or the models are messed up.

Offshore doesn't get going so we have no runaway convection feeding a developing low, the entire mess ends up closer and it's on fire.

Focused less on the convection to the east early on, probably leading to this solution.

Just remember the NAM is non-hydrostatic which means it is prone to blowing up lows and allowing it to go way west than it should. I will remind folks that the NAM brought the Feb 2013 blizzard over HYA 36-42 hrs out so it's basically useless right now.

I'd put money on a nw trend by the GFS regardless. NAM/GFS tend to move together. 

Archived