Toothache
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

PV here's what I mean:

Seen nicely on 12z RGEM, but also on Hi-Res NAM and Euro:

4z Wed:

5z Wed:

6z Wed:

You see how East / Rightie eventually dominates and West / Leftie gets sucked into / fujiwara'ed (see on 0z Euro and earlier) out before West / Leftie can have a bigger impact on SNE.

The point I was making earlier was that this consolidation of lows happens later on the 12z vs. 0z RGEM (you can see it's a single East / Rightie low by 1Z Wed on the 0z run, but only by 6z Wed on the 12z run. Hence the greater impact on SNE.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PV here's what I mean:

Seen nicely on 12z RGEM, but also on Hi-Res NAM and Euro:

4z Wed:

12z_RGEM_1.png

5z Wed:

12z_RGEM_2.png

6z Wed:

12z_RGEM_3.png

You see how East / Rightie eventually dominates and West / Leftie gets sucked into / fujiwara'ed (see on 0z Euro and earlier) out before West / Leftie can have a bigger impact on SNE.

The point I was making earlier was that this consolidation of lows happens later on the 12z vs. 0z RGEM (you can see it's a single East / Rightie low by 1Z Wed on the 0z run, but only by 6z Wed on the 12z run. Hence the greater impact on SNE.

JMHO if we see the right low still carrying a significant advantage tonight we may have an issue with eastward displacement. Just a hunch

JMHO if we see the right low still carrying a significant advantage tonight we may have an issue with eastward displacement. Just a hunch

I think once the low starts moving up the coast, we will know whether it got pulled too far east by convection or not. Not sure we will really know until then.

I think we're saying the same thing lol.

We are rooting for West/Leftie. Faster, deeper, anything to keep it more dominant. I agree with you: if we see lessening of East/Rightie and stronger/earlier development of West/Leftie off NC/Delmarva, this will get more interesting... and yes, we're probably in OT for a big shift as far as models go.

I guess what I'm driving at is in looking at everything, I don't see how we can get the moisture as far NW as some of these models WITHOUT significant interaction at least for a time from a coastal surface low (and subsequent spin aloft) that's able to attempt to sling the eastern system up towards but east of the BM as it all merges together. 

Otherwise I see a runaway offshore system robbing a lot of moisture and a development that comes to late for all but ACK and the outer cape in terms of more important snows.  Just a random thought.

I think we're saying the same thing lol.

We are rooting for West/Leftie. Faster, deeper, anything to keep it more dominant. I agree with you: if we see lessening of East/Rightie and stronger/earlier development of West/Leftie off NC/Delmarva, this will get more interesting... and yes, we're probably in OT for a big shift as far as models go.

Essentially yes, but I think that component off the NC is critical as without it that would also mean aloft we're not going to have the mechanism to lift moisture as far north and development will take place further seaward.   All in context, NAM is rolling.

Every model that starts has you making startling remarks

Then it seems like it does an about face

Not really fair, I thought every model today looked better and by and large they all were.  If this is going to get us (SE MA) there it'll be through a different mechanism than it's 18z run.

It's digging more for sure, but that in this scenario doesn't guarantee a better outcome.  I may be off on this one, we'll see shortly.

Not really fair, I thought every model today looked better and by and large they all were. If this is going to get us (SE MA) there it'll be through a different mechanism than it's 18z run.

It's digging more for sure, but that in this scenario doesn't guarantee a better outcome. I may be off on this one, we'll see shortly.

I know. Just bustin. Lots of potential for you

this is looking alot more like 12z than 18z at h5 thru 24h... a step back perhaps

Not really though it's another new NAM solution as Scooter always talks about....

Delaware etc gets hit hard this run vs the 12z, I'm just wondering how it will get up into SNE with as much oomph with this setup.

We're at 30 hours, it's going to need to go to town aloft beyond 30 to be a decent hit.

Archived