Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen such model consistency since I started watching models.  

They all had this being a Beast, and being a Beast in the ocean on Thursday.  It's now early Tuesday morning..... and it's the same thing.  

WHY can't we get that kind of ****** consistency when something shows a Blizzard 7 days out??????  

I keep seeing reminders of the early Feb 1992 monster that missed NE for the most part and clobbered Nova Scotia. It has been a pretty challenging winter with the models compared to other winters.It happens.... March has been tough. Snow or no snow from this look to be monster, been a good winter. We are going to have some serious backdoor fronts I would imagine in regards temp gradient with chilly ocean temps deeper into April/May.

i brought that storm up the other day, i remember the storm was so interesting bc the winter wx in sne that year was a yawner and i think it produced up to 4 plus ft on the level for ns

i brought that storm up the other day, i remember the storm was so interesting bc the winter wx in sne that year was a yawner and i think it produced up to 4 plus ft on the level for ns

Yes that storm was a major beast and a big miss. At the time I was in Ashland MA. I remember we had a winter storm watch up on the last day of Jan that yr which was later downgraded to an advisory for up for 3-5 inches of snow and we received no more than a few flurries in a very gusty February Saturday night. If memory serves me correct the cape had a winter storm warning out and received a general 3-7"...might be rusty on those numbers without checking. The only good thing about 1991/1992 was March 1992. Cold and Snowy. Yeah what a storm. This one now has had shades of it for awhile. I am not giving up that I may get maybe an inch or two but confidence is quite low. 

sounds right for the 1992 storm, there were a few bands of snow showers that briefly got back into central ct....i lived in bristol at the time and remember some flurries but most of the meat was way east, cc and the fish but it was a reminder of what could happen if all atmospheric ingredients came together

sounds right for the 1992 storm, there were a few bands of snow showers that briefly got back into central ct....i lived in bristol at the time and remember some flurries but most of the meat was way east, cc and the fish but it was a reminder of what could happen if all atmospheric ingredients came together

yes. It was a big one for Nova Scotia. We saw flurries and the stars in clouds that seemed to be racing across the sky.

We will see where this goes exactly soon.... 

Still a fascinating storm. But seriously by now if I'm not getting >6 I have no use for any snow. So I'm not looking forward to it at all but am looking forward to my guaranteed 70s+ for 2 weeks when I go off on vaca the night of 4/5. I have to say that unless this system performs differently than close in guidance this month has lowered my winter grade to B- at best.

Still a fascinating storm. But seriously by now if I'm not getting >6 I have no use for any snow. So I'm not looking forward to it at all but am looking forward to my guaranteed 70s+ for 2 weeks when I go off on vaca the night of 4/5. I have to say that unless this system performs differently than close in guidance this month has lowered my winter grade to B- at best.

Yes..other than one of the coldest winters on record..a very forgettable winter overall

Consensus has always been a brush/near miss.

No shock.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly call warning snows Bos to prov and southeast a near miss, the euro is still a good dose of snow. This storm may have surprises.

It doesn't really matter anyway, this is the worst ending to winter I can recall. We haven't sniffed warm weather this month, but still have no snow to show for it

Yes..other than one of the coldest winters on record..a very forgettable winter overall

The cold was something but the dryness when it mattered and particularly the final 6 weeks lowered it a full grade to me. Too bad...it could have been one of the all time greats.

Maybe this system will pleasantly surprise but now it may be more likely that you win your bet.

The cold was something but the dryness when it mattered and particularly the final 6 weeks lowered it a full grade to me. Too bad...it could have been one of the all time greats.

Maybe this system will pleasantly surprise but now it may be more likely that you win your bet.

Winter ended Feb 17th and that's sad. The atmosphere just decided that it was not going to set up as conducive for delivering snow to our region. The epitome of a cold, dry pattern.

Scooter will win the bet as SE of PYM on the Cape will get a couple inches of snow. Certainly ot what worried me. My worry was a n elevation event in ORH on north..no a cape scraper in late March..LOL

Eh, I wouldn't exactly call warning snows Bos to prov and southeast a near miss, the euro is still a good dose of snow. This storm may have surprises.

It doesn't really matter anyway, this is the worst ending to winter I can recall. We haven't sniffed warm weather this month, but still have no snow to show for it

The only surprise, from your perspective, will be that Boston will not sniff warning criteria.

EC going all in here. Blizzard and storm surge warnings up. 30-40cms(12-16inches) with possibly more. Winds to 70kmh gusts to 110kmh(40-70mph).

Here is a link to our local forum for those that may wish to keep tabs. Not as active as here but should pick up as we get closer to go time. Its under the severe weather/storm chat section.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/ACOWW/index.php?act=idx

Thanks Hazey.

EC going all in here. Blizzard and storm surge warnings up. 30-40cms(12-16inches) with possibly more. Winds to 70kmh gusts to 110kmh(40-70mph).

Here is a link to our local forum for those that may wish to keep tabs. Not as active as here but should pick up as we get closer to go time. Its under the severe weather/storm chat section.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/ACOWW/index.php?act=idx

Do you have any webcams of NS? I want to bookmark it for later on. Thanks. :snowwindow:

Archived