CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another run of the GFS where you could tell there were significant differences in the heights out west at hour 0.

It's got an issue way offshore that seems like an error to me.

Btw are the Carolina's about to get smoked with snow? I haven't looked at surface temps but yikes on these runs today if it's cold enough.

Gfs did make a major cave too. I do worry about the offshore potential contamination. Sometimes the gfs is useful in making issues ridiculously obvious

I can only see to 24 hours. How is it improved (not doubting, just wanting to see why you feel this way)

Hubb, gfs blows. Look at 48h slp vs 60 from last nights run. Hundreds of miles slower.

The only reason why these other models aren't going gangbusters is they're still trying to resolve the merger of the two systems. Slowly they're coming to a later further sw deal.

Euro may move towards consensus but I'm convinced this other camp is still going west.

The offshore low is of course real. The problem is the ncep/Cmc stuff was too fast with the trailing impulses. So every run was allowing too much of an escape NE before the phase could occur. That's wrong so far everything today has folded dramatically slower.

The gfs was really close too. It fires off the offshore low and does kind of have a run away aloft for a period which delays the eventually nuclear development of the low just enough to have everything further east. Let's look at the last 24 hours and safely assume these first three models aren't don't adjusting aloft.

Upper 940s or 950s seems very reasonable east of the BM in 48/54 hours. Faster deepening at all levels gets precip further west.

I do expect some compromise from what's left at 12z but I was really struggling with a significant late winter storm here this am on the ukmet and euro alone. Pretty jacked right now. Start 4-8 and work from there on the cape as the rest of the suite comes in.

Significant boosts possible from OE as well.

Not much change... I expect the Euro to come east. 

Ukie bumped a bit east too...though its still a decent hit for eastern areas and pretty big on the Cape...but I'd expect the Euro to follow suite as well with a tick east.

Pretty much in line with the other guidance now.

Last hold out is the Euro... but we've seen before the Euro do this and get too amped up and slowly ooze east. 

At sub 72 hours? You very well may be correct, but I always thought that was a day 4-5 thing.

I don't know if the Nam is right but that is one crippling blizzard here. Damn. I hope you guys can squeeze something out of this. If not and if you have financial means, there is time to catch a flight to YHZ. Hotel right at the airport in a flat area. Would be a good spot to observe. Our dollar is cheap compared to yours as well.[/quote

Post pics and obs. Make sure measurements are

In inches for us dumb Americans that never learned the metric system.

Archived