CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fully thinking 1-3 inches for all of CT..4-5 possible far eastern Ct up thru ORH..esp if Euro is right

Certainly still possible...I wouldn't rule it out. But we need to see some ticks west at 12z today from the real models.

Bottom line to me, and it's all conjecture at this point is the loop de doop isn't likely to occur.  We'll see a consolidation further SW than even the 12z NAM shows.  By how much will be the question and any waiver east of the Euro this run would be expected as part of a move towards consensus.   That said it looks like a glaring and somewhat typical bias on the NAM. 

I'm basing this on the assumption the Euro/UK are at least "mostly" right and the trend is towards a slower translation of upper features.  When the NAM flops it's usually flopping in a major way and takes forever to come around, even a similar move to delay ejection of the upper features as we saw between 0z and 12z would dramatically change the outcome over SE areas.

JMHO.  This is from Debbie downer.

agree... not much time to but will add that Euro 0z also consolidated lows faster and had less of a fujiwara swing of the coastal low... the consolidated low is sort of in the middle between the 2 lows (ie., not as far west as the western-most low), so the end result is not as impactful

hard to argue against the WAA occurring far out east, but there is tons of vorticity Virginia up to Ohio (and a positive trend here too on the 12z Nam) and i wonder if NAM is even underestimating SLP development closer to coast... needless to say, the tug of war will have huge impacts for southeast MA

agree... not much time to but will add that Euro 0z also consolidated lows faster and had less of a fujiwara swing of the coastal low... the consolidated low is sort of in the middle between the 2 lows (ie., not as far west as the western-most low), so the end result is not as impactful

hard to argue against the WAA occurring far out east, but there is tons of vorticity Virginia up to Ohio (and a positive trend here too on the 12z Nam) and i wonder if NAM is even underestimating SLP development closer to coast... needless to say, the tug of war will have huge impacts for southeast MA

RGEM is hat in hand towards the Euro through 36.  Note the push west of precip down in NC and up to almost DE.  It's not the same as the Euro, it's allowing the SE piece to get out ahead still and any future compromise of the Euro towards that position will make a major difference up here.

I don't know if the Nam is right but that is one crippling blizzard here. Damn. I hope you guys can squeeze something out of this. If not and if you have financial means, there is time to catch a flight to YHZ. Hotel right at the airport in a flat area. Would be a good spot to observe. Our dollar is cheap compared to yours as well.

RGEM is a better hit on the Cape.  8mb stronger and definitively further sw at 48 hours with the features (closed this run south of 40 vs not and NE at 60 on the ggem).

Big improvement, not quite enough.  An equal shift in 12 hours yields a pummeling on the cape but we will see whether the west camps cave east.

Any compromise of the Euro on the speed of the SE system will result in a solution that leans more heavily towards these others.

RGEM is a better hit on the Cape.  8mb stronger and definitively further sw at 48 hours with the features (closed this run south of 40 vs not and NE at 60 on the ggem).

Big improvement, not quite enough.  An equal shift in 12 hours yields a pummeling on the cape but we will see whether the west camps cave east.

Any compromise of the Euro on the speed of the SE system will result in a solution that leans more heavily towards these others.

Nice to have you back. Thanks for the pbp.

Archived