• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

Exactly. He seems so dead serious with everything. And can't take anyone disagreeing with him at all.

We are a tough bunch of emotional donks though...we dont want to discourage new members. But if your idea is to make posts and only accept positive feedback, then becoming a met prob isnt the right gig for you. Mets that are on forums and on SM constantly get ridiculed and trolled...whether its right or wrong, it will always happen.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looking at 0z GFS

i think ppl may have already commented, but very good trends, not enough to get it done however:

- trough is a touch sharper and more west

- more energy is focused on low closer to the coast vs. east low

This is the most significant piece I think:

0z:

03_24_0z_GFS.png

18z:

03_23_18z_GFS.png

looks better not sure one run is a trend but much better, still two days out,stuff happens

To Weather Talk Net....Lighten up pal..Been a member here since 2010..We are all friends here,its a weather discussion forum not a political protest...seen ya on Twiiter with your same arguments..its annoying. Just saying. I don't come on here often due to other biz stuff..,just my two cents.

We need more people like you in the world.

Any how as far as the weather. Hearing the GGEM is holding east in the NYC forum.

0z Euro

At h5: not much jumps out at me, maybe the low closer to the coast has slightly more energy to work with than at 12z

At surface: low pressures consolidate faster (by 12z Wed vs. by 18z Wed), and this single low appears ~50 miles further west than the eastern-lobe on the 12z run

QPF: brings warning criteria to around BOS to PVD

Maybe a baby step in the right direction, but still not as dramatic an improvement as could happen if the phase timing is better. The promising changes are that the east-most low is not trending stronger, and the double-barrel low appears to consolidate sooner.

00z Euro giving the Cape 16-18 inches of snow still...

Also, there is some seriously heavy precip just south of Cape Cod ranging from 1.5-2.0 QPF in just a 6 hour time period...

If the storm doesn't exit pretty much stage right from hour 60->66, this could get REAL bloody interesting.

I do not think the systems are in any way comparable but the forecasts and progs remind me a bit of the 3/31-4/1/97 bomb which up until 12 hours out was progged to be a cape jackpot with decent snows west of the canal and turned into a Boston metro 2-3 footer.

I do not think the systems are in any way comparable but the forecasts and progs remind me a bit of the 3/31-4/1/97 bomb which up until 12 hours out was progged to be a cape jackpot with decent snows west of the canal and turned into a Boston metro 2-3 footer.

As much as we hope that's a fair comparison..this is very needed

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Funny thing with this one, is we are still 54 hours out from the storm reaching our latitude.

Is the 0z euro still that good or were people looking at the night before?

Hard to believe there's such a difference this close. Wow

Only saw qpf for hour 60 of op ec for what I assume is 6 hr qpf, but it looked an awful lot like BOX's map.

Ecens total qpf: 1"+ for the cape, 0.5" BOS-PVD, 0.3" ORH-HFD-NYC

Only saw qpf for hour 60 of op ec for what I assume is 6 hr qpf, but it looked an awful lot like BOX's map.

Ecens total qpf: 1"+ for the cape, 0.5" BOS-PVD, 0.3" ORH-HFD-NYC

The differences between the Euro and everything else are insane.  Euro is a raging blizzard on the Cape and probably into Plymouth and a part of Bristol County due to OES.  NAM, GGEM and GFS really aren't close to that.    Either an epic win or the exclamation point on a tough year for the Euro.

Archived