joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't discount the explosive deepening causing extreme isallobaric tendency/wind to the N by NW of the low cutting back on QP. Also too probably some ratgher intense convection to the S x SE of the LP also "robbing" moisture flux. Happened with the storm here a week ago from this passed Wed.

Be nice to see the rgem ramp up at 48 and the gfs do the same.

That's a blizzard for ack. Cirrus for boston on the nam. History is missed by 50 miles

Go ahead and pat your back if you called it.

I love how no one utters a word to the 00z EURO circle jerk of back patters last night, yet they lie in wait like piranhas for someone to acknowledge that they correctly called a whiff once the bottom falls out.

You have been on here long enough to know thats how it works on here, Play both sides and how can you be wrong

Be nice to see the rgem ramp up at 48 and the gfs do the same.

That's a blizzard for ack. Cirrus for boston on the nam. History is missed by 50 miles

LOL. yes oh so close...sometimes too wrapped up a storm stinks with the precip getting more concentrated around the LP in under the inner 3 or 4 contours of the H7 low.

You have been on here long enough to know thats how it works on here, Play both sides and how can you be wrong

Will has said it a million times. The biggest problem is that we are looking so far down the road there's such a huge lead up. If we all just looked inside of 72 or 84 expectations would be different. Now we have tv headlines at 120+ hours.

Add to that incredibly erratic models. I mean....the nam???? Watch the gfs this run too.

Go ahead and pat your back if you called it.

I love how no one utters a word to the 00z EURO circle jerk of back patters last night, yet they lie in wait like piranhas for someone to acknowledge that they correctly called a whiff once the bottom falls out.

oh you mean the posts about model output,yea I saw everyone going with that verbatim,keep patting.

The folks who pick a side, have the ballz to put themselves out there and stick with it should be recognized when they make a good call.

Its the folks who try to take credit regardless of the outcome that should be criticized.

No one loathes this latest fail more than I do, but I call them as I see them, and far be it from me to impede anyone from taking credit for a good call.

Will has said it a million times. The biggest problem is that we are looking so far down the road there's such a huge lead up. If we all just looked inside of 72 or 84 expectations would be different. Now we have tv headlines at 120+ hours.

Add to that incredibly erratic models. I mean....the nam???? Watch the gfs this run too.

Social media has fueled the beast, Some will lay claim they had it 1st and knew all along

Social media has fueled the beast, Some will lay claim they had it 1st and knew all along

What's better? To be 1st or get it right? Every once in awhile you can step in :poop: and get lucky. I believe it was Kermit Keeter who said who cares about being 1st I want to get it right that's patience is a virtue when it comes to forecasting, especially forecast long rainge in the winter.

Sometimes a long range forecast is better being more probabilistic vs being deterministic.

I've said this about 5 times tonight. Nobody should care about op runs beyond 72-84 hrs out. 

What's better? To be 1st or get it right? Every once in awhile you can step in :poop: and get lucky. I believe it was Kermit Keeter who said who cares about being 1st I want to get it right that's patience is a virtue when it comes to forecasting, especially forecast long rainge in the winter.

Sometimes a long range forecast is better being more probabilistic vs being deterministic.

I should not have to tell you what the obvious answer is, But folks have access to the same data that you guys have, They take one model run that shows a blizzard hitting the NE and post it on twitter or facebook and its off to the races

How many tore him a new one?

How many gave the other 5 back patters crap?

The answer to that equation is a double standard.

You're fighting a losing battle. This is a snow lovers board first and foremost. There's nothing wrong with that but don't expect people to be happy with a non snowy outcome or happy with the persons saying that may be the case.

Scott I know. That's why I mainly ignore this event until last night and today

I should not have to tell you what the obvious answer is, But folks have access to the same data that you guys have, They take one model run that shows a blizzard hitting the NE and post it on twitter or facebook and its off to the races

True, very true. What's sad though is that most times when its a whiff, they run and hide until the next time.

anyone claiming victory today is full of it, you have every right come Wed.like consensus never moved 50 miles in 60 hrs,happens frequently either way

It's kind of the point of all of this to try to determine what's going to happen before the event. We spend 35 pages talking about a threat beyond 5 days. I'm not sure why it's a problem that people stand behind their positions even if it means less snow 2-3 days in advance.

Thanks for that. I'm not really familiar with it, but I like the concept of it.

It was very helpful in the storm 10 days ago here. Kind of guidance on how to use the guidance (ensembles) long range offering "clues" as to possible scenarios if this or that happens. Sort of an explanation as to why they show variance.

Archived