• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

Have been mostly out of the loop on this one all weekend as I didn't have good internet access....but the Euro is definitely the western outlier as I look this morning. The EC ensmebles though are fairly similar the to OP...more amplified than other guidance...though the UKMET does give it reasonable support.

American guidance just isn't biting.

American models wouldn't be able to resolve such a rapid deepening situation, what is a big red flag for me is the later RGEM and the 0z GGEM being quite a bit less prolific than the Euro/UK

A GGEM Euro compromise has worked many times this winter, at this point that'd be the BOX maps.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American models wouldn't be able to resolve such a rapid deepening situation, what is a big red flag for me is the later RGEM and the 0z GGEM being quite a bit less prolific than the Euro/UK

A GGEM Euro compromise has worked many times this winter, at this point that'd be the BOX maps.

I actually though the GGEM looked just as paltry as the 00z American guidance.

06z RGEM looked like it would be a bit deeper/closer...but not as much as the Euro/Ukie...so that might be a compromise. But I was extrapolating out...since RGEM doesn't go out far enough yet to see the frames where it would impact our region.

Have been mostly out of the loop on this one all weekend as I didn't have good internet access....but the Euro is definitely the western outlier as I look this morning. The EC ensmebles though are fairly similar the to OP...more amplified than other guidance...though the UKMET does give it reasonable support.

American guidance just isn't biting.

Tale will be told when one or the other folds @ 12z. One has to give into the other, it's getting closer to the event.

Tale will be told when one or the other folds @ 12z. One has to give into the other, it's getting closer to the event.

We're getting pretty close to the event, so I expect most shifts to be under 40 miles...but of course, 25 miles could make a big difference to those right on the coast.

Mixed feelings on this one. If it was January I'd be getting my truck washed tomorrow to taunt the weather gods. Want to take the cover off the boat. 

Would like to use my new generator once this year. Worst investment ever.

You will use it. 

I've had one for about 8 years.  Used it 3 times - Once for one of those tropical storms back in August a few years ago. Had it going for 6 days.  Probably used it for a total of 14 days, but the investment was worth it.

I actually though the GGEM looked just as paltry as the 00z American guidance.

06z RGEM looked like it would be a bit deeper/closer...but not as much as the Euro/Ukie...so that might be a compromise. But I was extrapolating out...since RGEM doesn't go out far enough yet to see the frames where it would impact our region.

I figure the GGEM was .2 to .3, Euro 1 to 1.5 here, split the difference which is ridiculous at this range.

This would be one of the worst fails if the Euro/ENS went down this hard in close.  Almost unprecedented.  Not unprecedented for the American guidance though.    Just a weird deal.

I figure the GGEM was .2 to .3, Euro 1 to 1.5 here, split the difference which is ridiculous at this range.

This would be one of the worst fails if the Euro/ENS went down this hard in close.  Almost unprecedented.  Not unprecedented for the American guidance though.    Just a weird deal.

You are talking a difference of 30 miles so that's not a big deal of error in the model world.

Surprised watches are up for Bristol and Plymouth counties. Box really weighing the euro

As they said in their AFD they did it to buffer the Blizzard Watches for the Cape.  Would be an odd looking map to have a Blizzard Watch for one area and noting just adjacent to it.

HAVE 50 PERCENT CONFIDENCE IN MEETING HIGH WIND AND WINTER STORM

WARNING CRITERIA ON THE CAPE AND ISLANDS. DEBATED BETWEEN WINTER

STORM AND HIGH WIND WATCHES OR BLIZZARD WATCH. BELIEVE A LITTLE

GREATER THAN 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF AT LEAST BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT

TIMES OVER THE CAPE AND ISLAND AND THINK BLIZZARD WATCH

APPROPRIATE TO HIGHLIGHT POTENTIAL SIGNIFICANCE OF EVENT THERE.

HAVE ADDED A BUFFER OF ZONES IN SE MA AND FAR SE RI WITH A WINTER

STORM WATCH. NOTE THAT THE ECMWF OP RUN WOULD SUGGEST THE NEED OF

A WINTER STORM WATCH TO BOSTON AND PERHAPS EVEN WEST TO WORCESTER

AND ALL OF RI...BUT THIS MODEL SEEMS TO BE ON WESTERN PERIPHERY OF

THE MODEL CONSENSUS.

Surprised watches are up for Bristol and Plymouth counties. Box really weighing the euro

No choice really.  Euro is still the best model even though it's having a tougher year.  It's supported by ensembles.  The red flag to me is the CMC stuff being east.  But given the time range they really have no choice but to weigh the Euro heavily.   NCEP/HPC recommends the same course of action.

Archived