• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

This would be one of the worst fails if the Euro/ENS went down this hard in close. Almost unprecedented. Not unprecedented for the American guidance though. Just a weird deal.

I don't have any stock in it one way or another but that wouldn't be an unprecedented fail by the ECM :lol:. You are talking about a model that may miss something by 25-50 miles. If that's unprecedented, then the ECM really is a fantastic model if 50> miles would be an epic bust.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this just another minor nuance in the flow that is screwing us again?

Most of the time it would be good bye and good luck to a low developing so far south so you can't compare it to previous whiffs. But, there are some small features preventing this from curling up the coast.

Would not want to be in a skiff tied up to a buoy on Georges Bank tues night

There's a boat called the Harmony out of Portland that is notorious for going out into these things. They fish all night and then they land when there's no other fish on the auction and clean up with high prices.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/fishing/x12775637/Crew-safe-at-home-after-riding-out-storm

I don't have any stock in it one way or another but that wouldn't be an unprecedented fail by the ECM :lol:. You are talking about a model that may miss something by 25-50 miles. If that's unprecedented, then the ECM really is a fantastic model if 50> miles would be an epic bust.

If it flops it's doing a John Candy into the deep end. I  don't think it'll creep 20 miles east...the lobe of moisture it has on the west side is either real or a fantasy.   Here's what's kind of important in finally looking:

the 6z gfs and 6z NAM both did shift west.  It wasn't a huge shift, but they were both much closer to a better hit and indeed did move the dynamics and everyones favorite...QPF further west.   Happy to see that as to me, that gives credence to at least something similar to the Euro if not quite as extreme.

There's a boat called the Harmony out of Portland that is notorious for going out into these things. They fish all night and then they land when there's no other fish on the auction and clean up with high prices.

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/fishing/x12775637/Crew-safe-at-home-after-riding-out-storm

Well, They have a big set if they go out for this one, That's a risk i would not take no matter what price per lb you would end up getting

Kind of funny that you have a retreating high, a low that wants to develop near HSE...yet moves over the Andrea Gail. Fitting.

Thats the annoying part about this...It looks really good during the early stages of the phase, one would think it would head almost due north from off the sc/nc coast....but it doesnt and i dont know why. I almost want to blame the PV yet again but i probably shouldnt. Its been a huge player all winter good or bad.

Thats the annoying part about this...It looks really good during the early stages of the phase, one would think it would head almost due north from off the sc/nc coast....but it doesnt and i dont know why. I almost want to blame the PV yet again but i probably shouldnt. Its been a huge player all winter good or bad.

Lows will move to the best combined combo of vorticity advection and warm air advection which both act to lower pressures at the surface. The problem is the main low is still well east and eventually follows a path of very strong warm air advection which is why it consolidates further east. The low near HSE just doesn't quite have what's needed.

That's pretty epic at 36.  There's still some wave interference offshore that may or may not be legit.  We've gone beyond the NAM's useful range at 36, but I'm very encouraged by this run for at least a solution "towards" the Euro if not that extreme.  

This is FMBY, not anyone else.  I have a blizzard watch and mentally was thinking a coating to a few inches until I saw some of the NCEP/CMC stuff work west. 

The Euro was slower than the other guidance.  The NAM just made an enormous leap in that direction through 36.

All good things for here.

That's pretty epic at 36.  There's still some wave interference offshore that may or may not be legit.  We've gone beyond the NAM's useful range at 36, but I'm very encouraged by this run for at least a solution "towards" the Euro if not that extreme.  

This is FMBY, not anyone else.  I have a blizzard watch and mentally was thinking a coating to a few inches until I saw some of the NCEP/CMC stuff work west. 

The Euro was slower than the other guidance.  The NAM just made an enormous leap in that direction through 36.

All good things for here.

Your in a great spot for this one

Man, such divergergent commentary from two knowledgable resources.

Only this season...

I'm speaking IMBY,  take a look at the Euro at 48h and now the 12z nam at 36... in general what's the big shift in the NAM the last 2 runs since 0z?  It's heading hard to the Euro.  Look off NC and off Jersey.  That's where the Euro pummels us from, NCEP guidance and CMC was mainly devoid there at 0z and only slightly better at 6z. 

Normally a compromise ends up being the case.

The NAM won't be the Euro by any means, but it's a significant move in that direction.  Again speaking about down here where I was privately thinking coating to a few inches was the compromise play vs the blizzard watch up until I saw something else move west.

Archived