• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

Looks like presently we have a solid consensus for a non-event NW of the CC Canal -- and it may trend toward less for the Cape and Island, too, because said present consensus is really an east trend that began yesterday and has not apparently stopped. At leas as far as I can tell.

At this point, it may be better for those that allow these things to guide their emotion, if this were to completely and utterly do nothing for anyone.   

I'm still impressed with how quickly we may warm up after this miss. It may only be transitory, but it does appear a couple of solid spring air masses will roll through.

Yuppers.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cut off will be sharper than depicted, too....a lot of those moderate qpf numbers around the Boston area are likely illusory.

JMHO.

Non event for many, but fascinating display of meteorology over the fish.

look before you leap, most of that is due to east and ne inflows before bombogenesis

That doesn't seem reasonable.  I was thinking low end hurricane force sustained over the open water east and southeast of the low center. 

Oh yeah I am not saying it would verify, but yes, hurricane force winds are certainly on the table for the open ocean.

Just because there is a monstrous CCB does not preclude accumulating snows on inflow and prior to consolidation. This is not a Les situation. Sure once it wraps tight its over but to just say there will be no precip outside of the CCB is wrong. With 1 inch of qpf less than 40 miles from a lot of peeps its worth watching until nowcast time. Peeps can say they bail until next winter will log in everyday until this ones done,who are they kidding. One thing for sure Jerrys warm March sun day ,cancel

Just because there is a monstrous CCB does not preclude accumulating snows on inflow and prior to consolidation. This is not a Les situation. Sure once it wraps tight its over but to just say there will be no precip outside of the CCB is wrong. With 1 inch of qpf less than 40 miles from a lot of peeps its worth watching until nowcast time. Peeps can say they bail until next winter will log in everyday until this ones done,who are they kidding. One thing for sure Jerrys warm March sun day ,cancel

Yes, We will see everyone at 18z

Just to ask a stupid question, Is there still a chance we can see big snow in the Boston area?

Yes...

The 2010 Boxing Day Blizzard was all but entirely flattened to a no go in the models of the day ...even as near as 60 hours prior, then ... at 36 hours a bump NW heralded a giant leaping surge NW on the very next cycle, and next thing you know... boom.  

There's no reason something similar absolutely can't happen now.  Just have to keep monitoring.

Yes...

The 2010 Boxing Day Blizzard was all but entirely flattened to a no go in the models of the day ...even as near as 60 hours prior, then ... at 36 hours a bump NW heralded a giant leaping surge NW on the very next cycle, and next thing you know... boom.  

There's no reason something similar absolutely can't happen now.  Just have to keep monitoring.

that's a once in 20 year event...most of these when the models bail at 48 hrs, that's it. 

that's a once in 20 year event...most of these when the models bail at 48 hrs, that's it.

Not that I think it'll happen, but NWS did refer to this as a "10-20 year event" a day or so ago I believe lol. Pretty sure they were just referring to the strength of the low for the time of year though.

From a practical standpoint, this seems to be done for anywhere outside the cape/perhaps DE Maine. Obviously changes can still happen, but I don't see any reason to expect a magical jump back to a big hit.

So -- what's the point?   There's still no reason something like that absolutely can't happen now.

And what science defined that as a 1/20 deal?  Seriously -- just asking. If that is mere conjecture, it doesn't unfortunately mean anything.  And I disagree anyway... I have seen more than 1 positive busts over the last 20 years... A lot more.

Ironically, NCEP defined this system and it's attending parental patter as ding ding ding ... "ONCE IN A 10 OR 20 YEAR EVENT" just the other day.

I'm not saying there is going to be a big storm, just that one's an idiot if they claim it can't come back/happen. 

Archived