joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How this has evolved, Although for different reasons and factors, is almost spot on to how the three other missed threats have gone this month.

Signal for a while, some huge solutions, then 48-72 hours out, it goes to hell

Why we preach to not latch onto anything in the day 3-4 and longer.

I owe all snow enthusiasts an apology. Atleast those north or even west of the atlantic ocean. Its all my fault. I finally paid the 9 bucks to this site in order to be able to see the "models of the weather gods"

You see

..I may not be worthy

my childhood belief that the love of something inevidently can drive happiness into ones life or a storm west 100 miles, is my only meteorological backgroud.

perhaps the most valid lesson gained from my observations of all well meaning weather predictors is that the weather cannot always be predicted.

It can always be wished for.

prey for snow

The Euro has been pretty horrible now for 2-3 years...its tendency to evolve slowly to a changing forecast has made it look very bad this winter because we've had so many radical changes inside 4 days and the Euro takes 3 runs to respond.

I think that isn't fair at all. I did very well with both are big storms last year and within the critical point of some of our storms this year including March 12-13.

I think that isn't fair at all. I did very well with both are big storms last year and within the critical point of some of our storms this year including March 12-13.

I get where you're coming from but the variability in solutions has become accepted as part of what the Euro does nowadays. I remember a day when the Euro would be very consistent and had a literal deadly range within 96 hours or so when it would rarely budge from its solution. Those days are long gone.

Most solutions did little past I-95 except the one euro burp run so nothing really went to hell so to speak.

There were many runs that gave 3-6 SE of say ORH-HFD. I agree not an epic fail, yet, but we will see where this ends up actually tracking.

There were about 3 storms where the GFS pullled the rug from 4-6" of snow in 48 hrs. Not the best year for any model, but that is why we have ensembles.

Euro was pretty awful as were it's ensembles in November and December when they kept systems 600 miles south that scraped here 48 hours later. Was just another model this winter. This system a case in point. 60 hours out it still wants to drop .4+ in boston. Lol

Archived