joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's just not good to have the thinking where past is indicative of future...we try to stress that...but I understand if people are frustrated.

The thing is, the reason why DC got a storm and not us is totally different from the 3/3 deal.

Sometime it works...look at winter 11-12...if you went warm and dry for every week and predicted that modeled threats would not materialize you'd have been right 95% of the time.   So the deal with this pattern if you go with persistence, you'll only be wrong once.   I've had .25 of an inch of QPF since 2/18...persistence could suggest that would continue or maybe we're due for a high QPF event...only time will tell.

Sometime it works...look at winter 11-12...if you went warm and dry for every week and predicted that modeled threats would not materialize you'd have been right 95% of the time.   So the deal with this pattern if you go with persistence, you'll only be wrong once.   I've had .25 of an inch of QPF since 2/18...persistence could suggest that would continue or maybe we're due for a high QPF event...only time will tell.

But it's not persistence if the reason why you are dry has to do with multiple reasons. In 11-12...we had a persistent AK vortex that literally did not change.  IOW, you have been cold and dry for a few reasons...but it's not just the polar vortex.

But it's not persistence if the reason why you are dry has to do with multiple reasons. In 11-12...we had a persistent AK vortex that literally did not change.  IOW, you have been cold and dry for a few reasons...but it's not just the polar vortex.

Lol, he got dryslotted almost the whole storm on 3/12...I guess that one doesn't count though when taking about suppression. It's been a 7-10 split this month. That usually doesn't happen because of some persistent underlying tendency...its essentially "unlucky" chaos amidst a pattern that could have easily walloped that are with a snowstorm.

Lol, he got dryslotted almost the whole storm on 3/12...I guess that one doesn't count though when taking about suppression. It's been a 7-10 split this month. That usually doesn't happen because of some persistent underlying tendency...its essentially "unlucky" chaos amidst a pattern that could have easily walloped that are with a snowstorm.

I know...I think it just falls on deaf ears because everyone only cares about their backyard and when snow doesn't happen for a period of time...people just blame it on cold and dry etc. It's the opposite of that silly logic..."It snows where it wants to snow."  Another awful term.

On the psychological front, I've completely transitioned from snow mode to spring mode after watching the MA get buried the last couple storms.  Need the soccer/baseball fields to green-up and the golf courses to open.  With this mentality, we are sure to see at least 1 or 2 more event down here on the CP

On the psychological front, I've completely transitioned from snow mode to spring mode after watching the MA get buried the last couple storms.  Need the soccer/baseball fields to green-up and the golf courses to open.  With this mentality, we are sure to see at least 1 or 2 more event down here on the CP

Yea once you disconnect mentally, something will pop in a pattern like this.

If there is going to be a model that has a blue bomb blizzard in fantasy range, by golly, let it be the ECMWF. There's no other model I'd rather have get my hopes up, as I know with quite certainty that it will let me down nice and easy, and with enough time to go through my 12 step recovery.

If there is going to be a model that has a blue bomb blizzard in fantasy range, by golly, let it be the ECMWF. There's no other model I'd rather have get my hopes up, as I know with quite certainty that it will let me down nice and easy, and with enough time to go through my 12 step recovery.

it does have some support from the canadian, but this is still fantasy at day 8

I like my WeatherUnderground text forecast for next week :snowman:

Tuesday Night
nt_snow.gif Periods of snow. Low near 20F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Wednesday
snow.gif Snow...heavy at times. High 32F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 8 to 12 inches.
Wednesday Night
nt_snow.gif Snow in the evening will transition to snow showers overnight. Low 19F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Archived