SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that wasn't in any forecasts..but at this point all is lost anyway. Somehow with a low tracking out south of us over N NJ and over LI we still get warm sectored. 

12z Euro yesterday even at 18z today with the graphics I saw had temps at least in the U40s. That was a signal even at 12z Yesterday. NAM warm too. Nobody mentioned it because nobody cared.

If you saw it..you would have posted about it. Well at least we'll have a nice round of thunderstorms later before the flash freeze

If you saw it..you would have posted about it. Well at least we'll have a nice round of thunderstorms later before the flash freeze

I saw it but didn't care. What's making this warmer is the sun which is probably coming out more than rogged, but it makes sense. All the forcing is north. 

Well that wasn't in any forecasts..but at this point all is lost anyway. Somehow with a low tracking out south of us over N NJ and over LI we still get warm sectored. 

Actually... it was sort of forecast yesterday. I posted about it twice. Besides the GFS all the models were relatively dry today. 

1.8 inches with huge flakes here. We've been holding on to snow by a thread. It's raining in Newport right now.

Makes sense, warmth is mostly surface based at this moment. Take a peek at KENX radar to see the warmth aloft moving north. Could extrapolate that bright band east to around the EEN area.

Really a lot of VT looks good. The mid level front won't be able to penetrate too far north before it collapses back east.

I think they get a nice pivot of the developing CCB too in most of VT.

You've gotta play with fire to get the goods... Okemo/Ludlow may ping a bit while just north K Mart gets nailed. 

That area near Killington might be the best.

Agreed. 

Up here it'll be ratio dependent.  I've got around 2" right now but its surprisingly wet.  I'll do a core in a little bit.  Like snowman building snow.  This is the type of snow that would probably *only* give us around 8-10" but would be a much higher impact than like 16" of fluff. 

Just pasting to every little twig and branch at this point.

Archived