joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say though that this seems to me to have more a chance than the debacle earlier in the month because it is not a massive system going cross country and eventually losing energy and shearing out. Rather this phases later on and is a developing feature at h5. So I think it could wind up coming slightly North. .. But the ridge axis out west is aimed very oddly for a big hit signal in our region.

its pretty much because you can only read them verbatim....sorry,but its the truth

and whats worse is you dismiss anything that isnt snow positive

i think the problem is having unrealistic expectations with regard to models.   There are going to be fluctuations and changes as an event gets closer, models can sniff out threats, but the exact details are not easy to pinpoint several days out.  

The other problem that is present in this setup that has plagued us all winter:+NAO.

you dont say?

we got as lucky for 4 weeks this winter as the douche who wins the mega millions..this will never happe again, its like having the huge -nao in 95-96 in a la nina...anomalous  

i think the problem is having unrealistic expectations with regard to models.   There are going to be fluctuations and changes as an event gets closer, models can sniff out threats, but the exact details are not easy to pinpoint several days out.  

i think the problem is this forum caters to people and teenager who have zero business posting about weather in any meteorological forum - banter is fine... again, sorry, but true

this was NOT a great winter - you must me young so you think it was

I respectfully disagree. This was a great winter IMO. Long lasting cold, high snow totals and lasting snow cover (not that I'm a huge fan of snow cover for long periods of time).

this was NOT a great winter - you must me young so you think it was

You are out of your mind. This was a top 10 winter all time. 7th most snow ever, brutal cold and very long lasting snow pack.

March has sucked and that's the only reason why it's not a top 2-3 winter of all time.

But anyone who thinks this winter wasn't a great one for NYC is insane.

you dont say?

we got as lucky for 4 weeks this winter as the douche who wins the mega millions..this will never happe again, its like having the huge -nao in 95-96 in a la nina...anomalous

4 weeks? Are you living on a different planet? There was snow from December to early March with 2 periods of historic stretches.

Central Park has 58 inches of snow this winter, on par with what Albany typically has. Everyone is well above their averages, personally I'm at about 200 percent. You're delusional, not anyone else.

In all likelihood, come next February we'll all wish we were back in this winter. Strange things will happen but this is probably the best winter we'll see for years in terms of the full package of snow and cold.

Archived