joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said on like page 2 or 3 of this thread. Some of you guys are like bowling pins setting yourself up only to be knocked down again. 10 days out 2 ft then you actually believe it can happen when you only have. 0 to 5% chance of it happening then when reality sets in then it's arguing over models

just saw that accuweather has updated their forecast to sunshine for monday. I think the 'nothing at all' solution seems likely at this point. Once again, my original gut was wrong. Yeah, we still have the morning runs, but I think the fat lady has almost made it to the stage at this point. On the bright side, I don't have to put the effort in to create a snow map  :). But I agree with most on this forum, If it's not going to snow, give me 70's and sunshine. Don't give me 20's but dry.

is there a reason your dismissive of the canadian? any shift north of its current depiction is a good hit for at least the city south.

I guess it's possible but the energy has to become significantly less sheared out and the PV weaker, to allow snow to make it here. The kicker out west is also a problem. I think too much has to go right for the time we have left. Philly south may be a different story. I'd give NYC a 15 percent chance or less at getting 3", and probably 30 percent chance at 1".

I guess it's possible but the energy has to become significantly less sheared out and the PV weaker, to allow snow to make it here. The kicker out west is also a problem. I think too much has to go right for the time we have left. Philly south may be a different story. I'd give NYC a 15 percent chance or less at getting 3", and probably 30 percent chance at 1".

the 0z ggem gave me a glimmer of hope because it's improved over 12z, which as best as i could tell from the crappy map was a virtual wiff.

long range models have arctic intrusions well into april... fwiw.

There's still potential well into March because the EPO will be tanking and most of our best snow periods this winter have come with a -EPO so again wouldn't be shocked if we saw snow all the way into April. Wouldn't it be something if saw no snow this month but had a significant snow event for early April or something. Has that ever happened before. At least suppression would be less of a problem.

There's still potential well into March because the EPO will be tanking and most of our best snow periods this winter have come with a -EPO so again wouldn't be shocked if we saw snow all the way into April. Wouldn't it be something if saw no snow this month but had a significant snow event for early April or something. Has that ever happened before. At least suppression would be less of a problem.

As a golfer, I pray this cold air goes away. .Please no snow in April.

I appreciate weather as much as the next guy; but enough is enough IMO

Sent from my SCH-I545

just saw that accuweather has updated their forecast to sunshine for monday. I think the 'nothing at all' solution seems likely at this point. Once again, my original gut was wrong. Yeah, we still have the morning runs, but I think the fat lady has almost made it to the stage at this point. On the bright side, I don't have to put the effort in to create a snow map :). But I agree with most on this forum, If it's not going to snow, give me 70's and sunshine. Don't give me 20's but dry.

Interesting that NOAA hasn't backed off yet for NW NJ with a 1 to 3 inch prediction. The only difference from earlier today is they dropped from 90% to 70%

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For a storm threat that is basically non existent and has been since the 12z runs yesterday. LOL

The problem was it was less than 3 days before showtime and a couple models were steadfast on a big storm for 4 or 5 days so was a huge shift in wrong direction when12-18 hours before were still showing a big hit. this winter gets a B in my book the last two Tease Suppressed  in-between one that went WAAAY far north only a couple days before were all letdowns. This winter could of ended Epic if Even one of those big solutions panned out of the 3. 

Archived