joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro wasnt too enthused with this storm. It's funny how we all thought at one point that the models were trending towards a monster solution like the ggem had. Too many shifts in the models this winter. Terrible job

If you ignore the few crazy GGEM runs and the recent NAM crap runs, the models did pretty well overall. 

Because the radar looks crazy, but then it heads due east 

thats easy to explain its being stepped on and blocked by the PV - arctic high etc etc - all the way across - only thing that will allow this to sneek up the coast at the last minute is if that PV relaxes in time and starts moving north 

thats easy to explain its being stepped on and blocked by the PV - arctic high etc etc - all the way across - only thing that will allow this to sneek up the coast at the last minute is if that PV relaxes in time and starts moving north

This is what I see, and have been seeing on the cmc and now the Nam as they move south.

man that does look like a slightly farther south version of feb 2010 storm with crazy cutoff

That evil event...only thing that made that weekend easier to swallow was watching my HS hoops team win an exciting game over our rivals on their court that Friday night.

Can't tell you how annoying the sharp cutoff's been back here the last few winters.

What's funny is that the media never turned this into a big deal. It is only a big deal to us. The general public will never know "what could have been !" Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Always be weary of multiple waves. The chances of two waves hitting us with both significant snow is very low.

When the south trends began for the early March storm, each subsequent model suite was more and more suppressed.  Will be interesting to see if this happens with this system or, instead, it remains more or less as is or even begins to bump back north.  

Any thoughts on this?

When the south trends began for the early March storm, each subsequent model suite was more and more suppressed. Will be interesting to see if this happens with this system or, instead, it remains more or less as is or even begins to bump back north.

Any thoughts on this?

Unfortunately I believe that once again the confluence is too strong to allow this to come much further north.

Archived