• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

If you're starting a discussion thread about a storm on day 8 then you fall under the weenie category.

If you post about the possibility of a storm in the long range on a general discussion thread or in the banter thread I see no problem with that.

The New England forum keeps two general discussion threads, one heavily moderated scientific discussion thread and one thread for the weenies. That way the two types of posts don't become intertwined.

We need more moderators in this sub forum, pure and simple.

I don't think we're that far apart here, to be honest.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The models use to be good at 96 hours out, especially the euro.

I agree and this year the models for the most part have been poor beyond 3 days - they should really do an analysis and try to determine why this happened

I agree and this year the models for the most part have been poor beyond 3 days - they should really do an analysis and try to determine why this happened

for some reason you guys hit the reset button every winter and forget about all the model busts of years past. the past 4 years have had nina/neutral conditions and that favors a progressive pattern which is tough on the models. you're still basking in 9/10

for some reason you guys hit the reset button every winter and forget about all the model busts of years past. the past 4 years have had nina/neutral conditions and that favors a progressive pattern which is tough on the models. you're still basking in 9/10

Theres a reason why they call a weak el nino a weenies pot of gold, a much more condusive pattern with a more ideal less progressive pattern

If you're starting a discussion thread about a storm on day 8 then you fall under the weenie category.

If you post about the possibility of a storm in the long range on a general discussion thread or in the banter thread I see no problem with that.

The New England forum keeps two general discussion threads, one heavily moderated scientific discussion thread and one thread for the weenies. That way the two types of posts don't become intertwined.

We need more moderators in this sub forum, pure and simple.

We also apparently need a subforum climatologist.

Archived