• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

I'd suggest avoiding the radar and obs for the next 12 hours or so. The snow is making almost no further push north (looks to be hitting a wall around I-195 per Upton radar) and the dry air will likely eat up small snow amounts the models show on the the northern edge of the snow shield. It's been over since 0z Saturday for anyone north of Philly-just let it happen and hope Spring is finally somewhere close and the teases finally end.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd suggest avoiding the radar and obs for the next 12 hours or so. The snow is making almost no further push north and the dry air will likely eat up small snow amounts the models show on the the northern edge of the snow shield. It's been over since 0z Saturday for anyone north of Philly-just let it happen and hope Spring is finally somewhere close and the teases finally end.

You have a point , staying up and imagining the snow creeping northward it just not going to help, go to sleep enjoy a restful night and whatever happens happens. After a great winter , the last few weeks are just frustrating...

One complaint I really hope not to see from the DC/Baltimore/Richmond crew is that this winter hasn't spread the goods. In this respect this winter is nothing like 93-94.

I was in their forum earlier..someone said this winter was even better than 09-10...which I think is nuts but they're clearly happy with this winter

I'll also add that they bicker just as much if not more than our forum does

Pretty amazing that the radar images will prob be a perfect match between 3/3 and tonight.

Might even be further south this time. We had decent snow here for a little while then and we had half an inch or so. Tonight the snow seems to be refusing to crawl north of I-195. JFK's dewpoint is 4 degrees against a 33F temp, so anything less than 20dbz on radar will likely just be virga. And we had one last sucker "north bump" on the models just to prolong the misery further.

Seriously-just get this storm over with already. It never gets any better seeing heavy snow echos 20-30 miles or even closer off the beach.

...if this was dec,jan or feb 17th i would be quite upset..radar shows snow JUST south

of long island and its NOT coming north..as 'jm1220' once said the disappointments that come

late in the season don't hurt as much..how true!

..as far as i'm concerned..its ok it missed...BRING ON SPRING!

At this point i wouldnt mind at all if next winter it was warm and wet. This winter really did me in with constant cold and dry. Yea we had some great snowfall totals historically speaking but even during our coldest winters we had some nice warms up periodically. This winter and now pretty much into spring has just been too much and i LOVE snow!

The Euro nailed this snow threat for the East Coast 10 days ago, but the PV suppression

verified stronger.The Euro correctly backed off the more northerly tracks ahead of

the other guidance while CMC and GFS were printing heavier amounts. It's almost

as if all the other models were a few days behind the Euro solutions.

The Euro nailed this snow threat for the East Coast 10 days ago, but the PV suppression

verified stronger.The Euro correctly backed off the more northerly tracks ahead of

the other guidance while CMC and GFS were printing heavier amounts. It's almost

as if all the other models were a few days behind the Euro solutions.

MSLP_North32America_240.gif

Once past mid january the EURO really stepped up its game. It also nailed the february 13th storm very well too. This model and its ensembles/ control runs are downright impressive to put it lightly.

At this point i wouldnt mind at all if next winter it was warm and wet. This winter really did me in with constant cold and dry. Yea we had some great snowfall totals historically speaking but even during our coldest winters we had some nice warms up periodically. This winter and now pretty much into spring has just been too much and i LOVE snow!

I think it was a very nice winter but just like in 2010-11 it faded fast for me after early Feb. Our luck was bound to change sooner or later though, there's a reason why Central Park's highest winter total was 75". Eventually either suppression or too far west gets us.

Once past mid january the EURO really stepped up its game. It also nailed the february 13th storm very well too. This model and its ensembles/ control runs are downright impressive to put it lightly.

Yeah, the Euro still has the edge at day 10 compared to the other models. A track anywhere

from Cape Cod to Cape Hatteras is within the margin of error that you would expect at this range.

So just showing a storm potential along the East Coast 10 days away is a nice job in my book.

I hope you're enjoying the snow this morning! Good thing you guys put in so much time tracking this massive storm currently impacting the region.

I'm pretty sure most of us are on this forum because we actually enjoy tracking the events almost as much as the events themselves. If it misses it misses, thats all part of the fun, there was certainly a threat, which I mentioned 9 days ago and got laughed at. 

You act like there wasn't a storm at all. 

Archived