joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, bring on spring ! This one is an inch at most for us.....quite a letdown, but, let's put it behind us

Sent from my iPhone

EPO says hold your horses. Did you see the gfs in the LR, it even has snow threats. No doubt they'll be nice milder days but they'll be plenty of cold shots as well as there's plenty of cold air still hanging close by. Temperatures in general are likely to average below normal. 

Yes. It's very noticeable from 12z GFS yesterday to 6z GFS today. GFS has been taking very small steps since yesterday afternoon. The low pressure system is now consolidated east of OBX vs. a strung out cold front look, as we saw on March 2nd/3rd.

The trough really is the problem now. The confluence alone isn't enough to keep this south of our area. For context, NWS has a forecast high of 30 on Monday, whereas on March 3rd, my location barely made it to 20 during the day. Clearly there is a far less suppressive influence this time around.

It's mid March.. Wavelengths are much different.

Over two weeks? If I was comparing mid march to early February, sure.In this case the relative differences in air masses are responsible for the temperature disparity not ISR...

I should clarify.. I meant from the confluence we would see in mid to late Jan and early Feb, with this type or hp/pv set up

I never say winter is completely over until about mid April because anything is possible especially if the pattern still favors below normal temperatures.

I'm gonna hold on to every grasp of hope for anything even if it seems bleak.

The epo keeps reloading. I wouldn't give up until mid April also.

Exactly the EPO will be tanking soon and the gfs shows that clearly about a week or so from now.

Yea maybe I'm grasping straws but we are about to enter the weather doldrums for the next 2 to 3 months prior to severe weather and flooding season so I'll keep any hope alive. Hopefully we get some anamolous weather to spice things up a bit though.

NYC has not seen much snow now for almost a month, the pattern is cold and there is a decent of cold air amount left. The problem is that we are in a pattern that let's the models to predict snow, but one it comes down to brass tracts we end up missing them to the south and north. This is a more commen pattern for NYC then the pattern we had during most of the winter. They may be a few more chances for snow, but if I had to make a bet I think NYC will not pass the 60" mark.

NYC has not seen much snow now for almost a month, the pattern is cold and there is a decent of cold air amount left. The problem is that we are in a pattern that let's the models to predict snow, but one it comes down to brass tracts we end up missing them to the south and north. This is a more commen pattern for NYC then the pattern we had during most of the winter. They may be a few more chances for snow, but if I had to make a bet I think NYC will not pass the 60" mark.

I agree, I think we have pretty much what we will walk away with this winter. Ever since Feb 15th we just can't buy any luck.

I think if anyone around here sees a coating of snow on the ground tomorrow morning, call that a win. Unbelievable that on a day in the upper 50s in March, tomorrow we will watch a storm get suppressed well south of us.

probably setting the tone for next winter :axe:

Archived