joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging off the SREF plumes NAM should still be good.  I'm thinking ONAM is the operational NAM on the SREF plumes and it shows .94, .92, and .98 for EWR, LGA and JFK respectively.  I could be wrong though, so please do not quote me if someone could answer that though that would be great.

EDIT: Nevermind my question is answered below, those values are for the 18z NAM.

Judging off the SREF plumes NAM should still be good. I'm thinking ONAM is the operational NAM on the SREF plumes and it shows .94, .92, and .98 for EWR, LGA and JFK respectively. I could be wrong though, so please do not quote me if someone could answer that though that would be great.

That's not how it works. 18Z NAM is in the 21Z SREF plume. 0Z will be in the 3Z plume

What a disaster. It went from a huge storm to nothing.

To be fair, I'm guessing you mean the NAM, if not the EURO never really had a big storm in the medium range, it had some crazy runs in the LR when it was bringing all the energy out, but then it changed. 

This one stings, because knowing what could have been if all the energy came out, ughhh. 

To be fair, I'm guessing you mean the NAM, if not the EURO never really had a big storm in the medium range, it had some crazy runs in the LR when it was bringing all the energy out, but then it changed.

This one stings, because knowing what could have been if all the energy came out, ughhh.

I know you were really feeling this one. I dunno, I keep hearing that it's all about the sw digging, but that high just keeps getting further and further south every run. And not just resulting from the weaker energy, early on you can see it.

If you saw the 4k NAM simulated radar at hour 48 you would think we were about to get slammed.

Yes.....another tease. Even on the regular NAM run it looks like a wall of snow, but never pulls itself together, even for south of here really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived