Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda surprised there isn't a watch for wake county looking at the gfs. i guess everyone around here enjoys sitting in their car all night.

Guess they are banking on the warm temps today and maybe the brine to keep it clear, but it gets pretty cold pretty quick and sleet can screw up the roads faster than anything else so why not play it safe and go with at least a WWA for tomorrow....maybe they will do it with the afternoon update.

Well, it might have been rain.  850s were 0C, so it was hard to tell.  Plus, pinpointing the exact heavy-precip areas will be tough even a day before the event.

Agreed, finally looked at 0z run, subtle differences, it will change as you said, need better 850's though.

Guess they are banking on the warm temps today and maybe the brine to keep it clear, but it gets pretty cold pretty quick and sleet can screw up the roads faster than anything else so why not play it safe and go with at least a WWA for tomorrow....maybe they will do it with the afternoon update.

I could understand that given it being early march/sun angle/etc. However, looking at the sfc temps, the gfs/euro have them down into the mid-lower 20's by mid afternoon. That's cold enough to freeze the roads regardless of the march sun angle. This is a dangerous situation IMO.

Problem is that we're going to get rain first; which will wash the brine away just in time for the sleet and snow. Tuesday morning roads will be a mess.[/quote

Think that's funny, our roads are covered in it where they sprayed it Friday for the Saturday a.m. Non event.

They sprayed Thursday here. :rolleyes:

I saw Raleigh Wx call for the mix and up to an inch of snow here. I think the snow will end up a little more with the way everything is trending south. AAndI wonder what the schools and businesses will do tomorrow. The timing of the changover to ice and then snow could play havoc on the roads.

The schools will probably give us 30 minutes notice like last time when they closed early.

I saw Raleigh Wx call for the mix and up to an inch of snow here. I think the snow will end up a little more with the way everything is trending south. AAndI wonder what the schools and businesses will do tomorrow. The timing of the changover to ice and then snow could play havoc on the roads.

I live in Raleigh but I am working in Fayetteville tomorrow.  Any idea as to when I should leave.  From the RAH discussion it looks like no later than noon but if it's expected to start early enough I may not go in.

Archived