• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

The year round kids are going to Saturday classes for like 2 months straight to make up the snow days from Jan and Feb. the traditional calendar kids like mine can do a Saturday makeup too.

Doubtful unless the law has changed since I left teaching.  NC has(or had) a law that prevents students from attending school more than 5 days in one week.  You can only go to school on Saturday if you you went less than 5 days Mon-Fri. The reason could be a snow day, holiday or even a teacher work day.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubtful unless the law has changed since I left teaching. NC has(or had) a law that prevents students from attending school more than 5 days in one week. You can only go to school on Saturday if you you went less than 5 days Mon-Fri. The reason could be a snow day, holiday or even a teacher work day.

Nope, they are going 6 days a week for like 7 weeks, Sat is roughly a half day though.

https://www.wcpss.net/parents/calendars/2013-14/make-up.html

Doubtful unless the law has changed since I left teaching. NC has(or had) a law that prevents students from attending school more than 5 days in one week. You can only go to school on Saturday if you you went less than 5 days Mon-Fri. The reason could be a snow day, holiday or even a teacher work day.

Alot has changed since the 40s! :)

I'm sure. It was the law in 2007.

Seriously, I heard talk of Asheville schools having to go on Saturdays, but it was just 3 or so hours.

Down here in SC, they were going to this Friday and following Monday off, they are now make up days. They have to go one day past the original planned last day of school! They missed 6 total, 3 were excused, and 3 made up as above! No spring break days are affected yet, we will see after Thursday !?

Seriously, I heard talk of Asheville schools having to go on Saturdays, but it was just 3 or so hours.

Down here in SC, they were going to this Friday and following Monday off, they are now make up days. They have to go one day past the original planned last day of school! They missed 6 total, 3 were excused, and 3 made up as above! No spring break days are affected yet, we will see after Thursday !?

Yeah it was repealed. Watauga County has missed 28 days so far this year. Good luck making all that up. By the way, if school is cancelled after the buses begin to run their morning routes it counts as a full day.  Some counties play games with that one.

Jburns it happened again today. The storms did the usual swerve around us. That one day in February was the exception. Today was an example of the rule.

That just shows how much God hates you.  The one time you made the statement and wanted to bet, he kicked your butt.

By the way, if school is cancelled after the buses begin to run their morning routes it counts as a full day. Some counties play games with that one.

I'm curious if they really still count a day as full if the busses run. I remember they used to, but it seems like there has been a ton of talk on TV this year about instructional hours and basing makeup days on the number of hours that are required by law to be instruction time. Several schools systems around here are making up days by extending the school day by 5-10+ minutes each day for the rest of the school year.

According to nws they have freezing rain for me tommorow night and wednesday.. I'm guessing it's coming from the moisture firing up in Texas and Louisiana. . Also they have rain in my forecast for Thurs night with a low of 34 and Fri night with a low of 36.. it sure won't take much for it to be wintry precip.. especially if the cad come in stronger and colder

Archived