• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

I'm curious if they really still count a day as full if the busses run. I remember they used to, but it seems like there has been a ton of talk on TV this year about instructional hours and basing makeup days on the number of hours that are required by law to be instruction time. Several schools systems around here are making up days by extending the school day by 5-10+ minutes each day for the rest of the school year.

Oh they count the hours.

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/fbs/accounting/manuals/sasa.pdf

A. School Calendar: Each local board of education shall adopt a school calendar to include a 
minimum of 185 days or 1,025 hours of instruction covering at least nine calendar months. 
The school calendar shall include a plan for making up days and instructional hours missed 
when schools are not opened due to inclement weather. 

If school is closed early due to inclement weather, the State Board of Education shall allow 
the day and the scheduled amount of instructional hours to count toward the required 
minimum number of days and instructional hours. If school buses are en route to schools 
when school is canceled for the day, then the day and instructional hours scheduled for that 
day will count toward the required minimum. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to nws they have freezing rain for me tommorow night and wednesday.. I'm guessing it's coming from the moisture firing up in Texas and Louisiana. . Also they have rain in my forecast for Thurs night with a low of 34 and Fri night with a low of 36.. it sure won't take much for it to be wintry precip.. especially if the cad come in stronger and colder

I was wondering about that. Short range nam was showing a wave along the NC coast pushing shallow moisture in along 95 east.  Very light don't think it will be too heavy.

I can't get too excited about this Thursday...I'm in too much in a grump 'cause conditions weren't bad enough to keep me from driving in to work this morning :fulltilt:  Some patchy ice, but the brake stabilizer on my car only came on once for a very brief moment during the trip in.  Just another boring Tuesday...

I was wondering about that. Short range nam was showing a wave along the NC coast pushing shallow moisture in along 95 east. Very light don't think it will be too heavy.

Have you looked at the radar down south I'd argue about the moisture. I've been looking at radar since early morning and the moisture down there has exploded...

Yep...Fine w/ me, I'm so ready for warm spring weather!

At this point, I could go either way. But if we're gonna get a lot of rain at 35, we might as well get a lot of snow at 31. Anyway, I think we can just about stick a fork in this one. I don't think there's much chance of the kind of dramatic increase in ULL strength, speeding up of the surface low, the high holding on a lot longer, or the strengthening of the high that we would need to get a big widespread winter storm here.

At this point, I could go either way. But if we're gonna get a lot of rain at 35, we might as well get a lot of snow at 31. Anyway, I think we can just about stick a fork in this one. I don't think there's much chance of the kind of dramatic increase in ULL strength, speeding up of the surface low, the high holding on a lot longer, or the strengthening of the high that we would need to get a big widespread winter storm here.

For us it's probably like a 2% chance but it's probably 50% chance for mtns. Good news is we warm up this weekend, can't wait.

I'd much rather have a lot of snow at 31 than a lot of rain at 35. That is just miserable. The good news is either way the weekend looks nice and maybe spring is around the corner. I am looking forward to getting outside and enjoying some warm sunny days.

I can't get too excited about this Thursday...I'm in too much in a grump 'cause conditions weren't bad enough to keep me from driving in to work this morning :fulltilt:  Some patchy ice, but the brake stabilizer on my car only came on once for a very brief moment during the trip in.  Just another boring Tuesday...

We had a two hour delay for work. There are only 6 out of 17 people here in my department.

LOL...I'd much rather have the 31 and snow but I believe we're going to have the 35 and rain.

I'd much rather have a lot of snow at 31 than a lot of rain at 35. That is just miserable. The good news is either way the weekend looks nice and maybe spring is around the corner. I am looking forward to getting outside and enjoying some warm sunny days.

I am looking forward to going running again. I usually don't go too much in the winter. Soon, it will be time to get back at it.

Have you looked at the radar down south I'd argue about the moisture. I've been looking at radar since early morning and the moisture down there has exploded...

Thats not going to affect you. That would stay well south of you off the coast. Besides if it did affect you it would be tomorrow. Not tonight into tomorrow. Thats alot of ground to cover in less than 12 hours. In fact this time tomorrow it will be offshore of NC/SC. What I was talking about is this little feature backing to the west off the coast. That is your ZR threat.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=MHX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Weeelllllp, that just about does it for this winter folks. Doesn't really look like this one has a snowball's chance. Probably very soon now, we'll see the seasonal gradual decrease in posting activity, with the occasional uptick as we have a severe storm or hurricane threat, until next Fall, just before winter rolls around again.

It has been a fun winter, and though I only got a couple small events, they were nice and miles ahead of what I got the last few winters. Would have liked the big dog, but you can't always get what you want. Hopefully, he'll bark next year.

We've had some fun, some laughs, some bannings, some rebannings, some bannings of the rebanned, and plenty of storms to chase this year, both fantasy and real.

It's felt like a long, cold winter, even though, at least in my area, we're less than 1 degree below normal. But it's been fun. It's been fun because of this board, and everyone, EVERYONE, who posts here. And it's been fun because winter, of course, is fun.

I consider you all my friends, and I have enjoyed spending winter with all of you, if only virtually. :)

Hopefully, many of us an get together in November for a trip to the movies to see Dumb and Dumber To. Meeting in person, I think, would be a lot of fun. And if anybody in the Raleigh area *cough cough* Brick wants to play some ball, let's do it!

Cheers to you all!

Archived