Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2-3 Storm Disco, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, would like to see the south/north trend(s) end right now

Agreed. This storm isn't starting tonight. Will be interesting to see if the trend slows, stops, or reverses a bit up to gametime. I agree that it's usually better to be on the north side of this type of overrunning setup but with the cold pressing in the gradient could be tight.

We go through this "south trend" crap every storm. It is tiresome. Everyone up to York PA will get slammed. Do you all really think we won't be seeing deck pics with 15" from Parkton, Westminster, and Lancaster?

I'm scared nontheless. If this thing shifts a few more miles south, this Cecil County snow weenie will be distraught. Lol

Yeah, If I am in Trenton NJ I am not feeling too good about this. BWI will be fine, however.

I'd probably feel good from Baltimore to just south of DC right now. However, it wouldn't shock me for a tickle south either.  It's a little too early to talk jackpot areas. I think it will be hard for someone to pull over a foot..but this has the look of widespread 8-12 type stuff...maybe someone gets lucky with a bit more.

The best thing about this run is NYC gets screwed..I wouldn't be nearly as excited if they were getting significant snow

It's a ma special for sure. I don't pay much attention to other folks so I'm indifferent to regionalism. But I'm pretty thrilled we are spotlighted. I'm going to savor every flake.

I hope the NAM is wrong about the freezing rain.  Cobb output shows up to .4 zr prior to changeover.  That could be a disaster.  GFS only paints around .1 zr before changeover.

I think the zr is less of a concern now than it was a day or two ago, but you've seen enough of these storms to know we could still be dealt a surprise or two.

. I hear you High stakes. Nam was nasty tight but Euro more smoothed. Euro shows .8 here . 1 inch line is Westminster south ..not bad at all. I'd be sweating if I was in Adams / York counties

I think we will have a nice storm in northern md as long as thing stay where they are now. Both Euro and GFS are not backing down on post storm temps. Looks unreal.

Archived