• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

Bozeman, MT. I like to watch wolves eat elk while it's snowing.

I spent three winters there, and chose that particular location in part because of its climate.  Gets 90" of snowfall per year - more than most other valley locations in the state.  You do get chinooks, but with 90 inches per year and 120 days of snow cover on average, who cares.  Still, if you want to go ballistic and show no restraint whatsoever, move 40 miles south to Big Sky and collect your 300 inches of snow per year.  I lived there for a year, and it's great having 3-6 feet on the ground for the entire winter, but you are in the middle of nowhere for sure.  Also, be ready to run your heater throughout the entire summer, basically, because summers in the high elevations of Montana are a joke.

West Yellowstone is a great place too: http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?mt8857

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, but I want to live in or near Burlington.  I know it is a snowhole, but 85" is fine with me. I average 16".   It isn't just a move for snow.  Snow is just one of many reasons.  If snow was the main driver, I'd move to the Cascades or Westminster, MD.

First try the right mix of meds and therapy, while you shelter in place.

If that doesn't work, then a move makes sense. Although most people don't appreciate and ongoing resilience of the DC area job market and cultural depth until they leave.

6z GFS has the storm a little closer to the coast on Tuesday night. It's still not 4th down. it's too early to punt this storm. H5 is also trending better.

Maybe we need a fake punt like what FSU pulled off vs. Auburn in the BCS Championship, to begin a comeback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTN-4NWpVo8

VERY nice!  I thought we were dead before that fake punt.  So, like that comeback, maybe we can pull off this storm.

Yes, that was a sweet play, and clearly the turning point of the game!  I couldn't actually watch the game (though heard the announcers were awful anyhow!), so I was only able to follow the plays and conversation in quasi-real time on ESPN's site.  About midway through the 2nd quarter when it was 21-3, I admit I thought it was over and felt disgusted.  Was really tired that night and not feeling great, so I just went to bed.  Woke up the next morning fully expecting to see the final be an Auburn blowout, like 45-10 or something.  Was I ever shocked to see it was 34-31 FSU!!  I literally had to rub my eyes to make sure I saw that correctly!  Then watched the highlight movie.

First try the right mix of meds and therapy, while you shelter in place.

If that doesn't work, then a move makes sense. Although most people don't appreciate and ongoing resilience of the DC area job market and cultural depth until they leave.

I appreciate it...I've been back here for 19 years....I've been to Centreville.  If I lived there, no doubt I would have offed myself years ago.  If you can live there and still wake up everyday with a will to live, then maybe I should be listening to your advice.  

I appreciate it...I've been back here for 19 years....I've been to Centreville. If I lived there, no doubt I would have offed myself years ago. If you can live there and still wake up everyday with a will to live, then maybe I should be listening to your advice.

Yep, it's pretty bleak. Although 15 mins from Dulles, and I can be anywhere within hours. I wouldn't live within the borders of DC for a million bucks.

Overhearing some interesting convo's from the lunch table today.  Discussion of KISS at the hall of fame induction turned into a discussion on religion and music like that "endangering your soul."  I feel I should unplug my headphones and play some Marduk.

Archived