Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How petty? Yeah. Let 'em cry.[/quote

Nah, petty is when I only care about my yard and F everyone else. I like the folks here. We need a big high 5 and shots of whisky party before the grid collapses and we live off the land for a couple weeks.

Whiskey is good. The living off the land would kill us all in a matter of days. Pure chaos. Definitely not boring, though.

I have a bad feeling about Sunday..risky business when we torch the day prior and hope for the cold air to push south at least for my area...mid 30s and rain can last a long time before changing over to something frozen..hope I am wrong

I understand where you're coming from but our close in source region (pa and ny) is in the single digits and low teens. This is a very stout airmass. The only way we get screwed is to not have the boundary get south of us.

When we got hosed last March our source region was low 30's. We're good for frozen of some sort. I'm more worried about the mid-levels.

I understand where you're coming from but our close in source region (pa and ny) is in the single digits and low teens. This is a very stout airmass. The only way we get screwed is to not have the boundary get south of us.

When we got hosed last March our source region was low 30's. We're good for frozen of some sort. I'm more worried about the mid-levels.

Makes sense...it's just that I am more comfortable seeing the classic NE to SW "U" damming pattern for CAD vice the N/S look of the models right now...time will tell...

Since this adds nothing in the main thread I figured I would ask here. We had good runs today pretty much across the board. Do you see the mid-levels trending better given the setup? I'm not quite sure what players to look at (in the atmosphere).

The easiest thing to do is just keep doing side by side panels of mslp and 850 temp panels with new vs old runs. A couple of easy to identify things changed today. The track of the lp got better. Last few days had it running west/overhead/too close. The ridging pushing up out of the gulf is flatter now. This helps keep the low start further south and track further south before it makes a run at us. There is a bit more of a brick wall to the north. HP is situated in ideal spots north of us. This is helping force the track more easterly while it's still under us.

I can see mids get better or worse pretty easily. For the same reasons the trends got better today we can slip back a bit. Or the wall and confluence above from the pv asserts itself even more. The ultimate solution is confluence and hp really pressing and having the low really wet with an ideal track. The N and NW side of the low can get really juicy and just plow into the cold already in place. Euro is a prime depiction of this. 18z gfs was good too just not as juicy.

We are clearly in the battleground so it's sketchy with nail biting. PA and further north has much less to worry about temp wise. But they do have to worry about suppression of the precip field at this point. Maybe not central pa but definitely north of there. One comforting thing is that the placement of the pv and height patterns above us should be better resolved as we go forward in time. So todays cluster of colder solutions wasn't an anomaly or anything. We can still trend colder. But if we don't, it really isn't that much of a slip back necessary to lose our snow chances. I think some frozen is a lock at this point How much and of what type won't get clear until this weekend sometime.

Who cares what you've seen or what I've seen? Do you not *read* this sub-forum during ZR events? Just a cursory glance has Ian reporting icy sidewalks in one event and tree glaze reports in other events. 

No I have to work.. I just report what I see. Ian is a known BSer and photoshop genius

Hi my name is Ken by the way. I made a few posts since joining a short time ago. I live in Ashburn VA. Been in the field for a while. Glad to be a part of this community and hope to enrich it. Thanks for all the commentary. I enjoy it very much.

Welcome enjoy your stay here, we are a pretty welcoming crowd. 

If Nene wasn't hurt we would lock up the 3 seed. Damn that brittle Brazilian, he is too injury prone and his weather model sucks.

They are unusually deep with playmakers. And unknowns for the most part. Best starting line since arenas, butler, jameson, etc and best bench support in years . It's a classic example of no I in team. Being able to fill in for the hot hand going cold is the key to being dangerous in the NBA. And they are peaking at good time. Fun to watch

Archived