Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying the day just fine...it is cool enough not to make me sweat and be miserable....It is pretty standard to get warm days in February...even 2007 which was like a -8 and one of DCA's coldest Februaries had a couple sunny days near 60...we've hit 60, 12 times this winter

I'm with you

The problem with gloating about living NW of Baltimore, is you live NW of Baltimore

If you have the means I tempt you to indulge. Wife's family has a couple hundred acres in Freeland, and outside of summer traffic from polo matches from the neighboring riding clinic it is a splendid place. North county is gorgeous.

If you have the means I tempt you to indulge. Wife's family has a couple hundred acres in Freeland, and outside of summer traffic from polo matches from the neighboring riding clinic it is a splendid place. North county is gorgeous.

It is pretty, but if/when I move out of DC, that isn't on the list....I am targeting Burlington...hopefully in the next 2 years...I'm already looking at jobs...I would never move out of a city for 35"

It is pretty, but if/when I move out of DC, that isn't on the list....I am targeting Burlington...hopefully in the next 2 years...I'm already looking at jobs...I would never move out of a city for 35"

A 50 mile move north gets you another 16" inches of snow a year.

If you go 500 miles to the north, you gain 65 inches of snow a year.

none of these moves are feasible or desirable...If I were to move it would be to a place whose snow totals embarrass anyone who posts here except for Jon Jon

Too bad we have to work. Because there are places in western MD that are simply gorgeous and you get great bang for the buck in real estate, plus 90+ inches of snow annually. You have to be retired, wealthy, and/or willing to work at Walmart though.

Too bad we have to work. Because there are places in western MD that are simply gorgeous and you get great bang for the buck in real estate, plus 90+ inches of snow annually. You have to be retired, wealthy, and/or willing to work at Walmart though.

Or willing to take a chance to be where you want. It has worked out for me. I'm not sure I'd be making as much as I do out here if I had stayed in the DC area. You only live once.

Or willing to take a chance to be where you want. It has worked out for me. I'm not sure I'd be making as much as I do out here if I had stayed in the DC area. You only live once.

yup...which is why I can't wait to get out of here and get to VT

yup...which is why I can't wait to get out of here and get to VT

BTV is actually a frustrating place relative to the snow nearby areas get. The Dacks eat all the upslope and the Greens pick it back up. The Chanplain valley gets the shaft with coastals due to mountain shadowing as well. Better than DC but you would be frustrated by it as well

BTV is actually a frustrating place relative to the snow nearby areas get. The Dacks eat all the upslope and the Greens pick it back up. The Chanplain valley gets the shaft with coastals due to mountain shadowing as well. Better than DC but you would be frustrated by it as well

I doubt it...It is so much better......They are dead on normal this winter...57" so far....and have had measurable snow 40 days this winter so far, and four 6"+ events..snowcover all winter..and you have Stowe 45 minutes away which averages 330"..I'll be happy

I doubt it...It is so much better......They are dead on normal this winter...57" so far....and have had measurable snow 40 days this winter so far, and four 6"+ events..snowcover all winter..and you have Stowe 45 minutes away which averages 330"..I'll be happy

It all becomes relative in time I guess. I just know when I'm up there I'm glad to be in the Dacks instead of BTV.

Archived