CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2/15 Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good light snow coming down in Long Beach. Sticking everywhere, pavement is turning slushy. Radar is expanding nicely, as expected.[/quote

I guess that's good news for me! More snow mixing in with the rain. Nothing sticking he though]

Wow still rain? Been mostly sleet and light snow in North Merrick. Been just light snow for about 30 mins.

Radar blossoming in Central Jersey. Back up to moderate snow here. Would love to add 1-2" to our 1" new snow. One mistake people constantly make when looking at the radar is assuming that they have to rely on precip they "see" on the map moving to their area, somehow, for them to get that precip. No! Precipitation can often simply "form" in bands over an area, where there was no precip before, as the upper level conditions (especially lift) become more favorable for snow growth. That's what is going on now throughout the area as the low intensifies and interacts with those energetic jet streaks. Sometimes people need a little patience.

Good light snow coming down in Long Beach. Sticking everywhere, pavement is turning slushy. Radar is expanding nicely, as expected.[/quote

I guess that's good news for me! More snow mixing in with the rain. Nothing sticking he though]

Wow-crazy. Yeah, it's coming down pretty nicely here, everything is covered/re-covered.

Archived