joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/15 Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been snowing lightly to occasionally moderately for the last 90 minutes, bringing my total of new snow to 2.75" (0.75" in the last 1.5 hours sounds about right); about 2" on paved surfaces, as temps remain below freezing (31F) and the sun is down, so no longer any widening discrepancy between paved and cold surfaces. Looks like the back edge is about upon us, so unless one of those thin bands in eastern PA/western NJ holds together, not sure we'll make it to 3" - but it's possible.

Just shoveled - it's so pretty out there. A word to the wise: shovel soon, before it freezes into a solid cement ice sheet overnight with temps in the teens.

We did end up squeezing out that last 1/4" after I shoveled, so a grand total of 3" on top of the colder surfaces. The 3" brings us to 58" on the season; if we can at least 2 more inches on Tuesday (very possible), we'll crack 60".  

Not worth a new obs thread, but I have flurries falling in central LI. There's a dusting on cars and side roads. Anyone else experiencing this?

Could be remainder of yesterday's disturbance. Either ways, .05" can be added to season total ;)

Small (separate) vortmax passing over and just south of the area. Wasn't under the radar but I think the snow showers have been a little more widespread than anticipated this evening. 0.3 new and light snow still.

Small (separate) vortmax passing over and just south of the area. Wasn't under the radar but I think the snow showers have been a little more widespread than anticipated this evening. 0.3 new and light snow still.

This is great! My focus was entirely on the Tuesday morning system so I was surprised.

Archived