joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/15 Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude I wouldn't make this up. We got 5.5 inches of new snow today. I live literally 500 ft from the raritan bay. It was moderate to heavy snow for 5 hrs. My driveway is snow blown every storm an I just measured 5.5 an the snow stopped

The bay must really affect your climate, you were several inches less than the rest of Monmouth County last storm and now you're a couple inches more.  Very interesting to see such enhancement of the Raritan.

The bay must really affect your climate, you were several inches less than the rest of Monmouth County last storm and now you're a couple inches more.  Very interesting to see such enhancement of the Raritan.

More than the bay in this case, I think just being a little further north and under a heavy band this morning really helped. The way my dad reported it was it started as heavy snow around 930am which the radar supported, then it changed to sleet after an inch...did that on/off for a while, changed back to snow and they got a good burst here with the main show..final tally for him was around 4"

Central LI. 

1/2 inch. Storm is a bust.  Supposed to be 3-7 inches forecast, will be lucky to break 1.5".  Radar is falling apart. 

In fairness to you I will say this...it did underperform somewhat in my area...I measured just 2.7 inches as of 8:40 AM (saw your post that you only had one inch and was a little surprised).  I thought, at the onset, it would bring 4 to 6 inches out here...but it is what it is, as they say...

3.5" on the driveway, pretty much winding down....looks like east of here got hit pretty good....Don't get me wrong, no complaints here, awesome winter ongoing

..i would say 4" here in eastport..still snowin' and blowin'..i would think sound ave( E-W route) is getting 

some pretty good drifting with that NNW wind.

Dude I wouldn't make this up. We got 5.5 inches of new snow today. I live literally 500 ft from the raritan bay. It was moderate to heavy snow for 5 hrs. My driveway is snow blown every storm an I just measured 5.5 an the snow stopped

Def bay enhancement with a little tiny lift as Belford is 100ft or ABS. Seen it happen lots.

Anyway, 2.25" hereIMBY

Archived