joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/15 Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate snow for the last 45 minutes or so has put down another 1/2", bringing us to 1.5" of new snow today. With temps at 32F and the sun angle much lower, snow is accumulating well on paved surfaces now, also - up to about 3/4" on my asphalt driveway. Things looking very nice right now. Those guys at the NWS kind of know what they're doing, lol.

Really been great snowfall for the past 90 minutes or so. New snowfall today is up to 2", with another 1/2" in the last 35 minutes. Snowing close to heavily, with visibility just beyond 1/4 mile. About 1.25" on all paved surfaces now with temps down to 31F. Radar looking like the 20-25 DBZ band is just about to end for us from the west - not clear if we'll get much more, although the regional composite radar looks like it's still snowing in eastern PA, so maybe we can tack on another inch. Gorgeous out there.

I don't think so... it will get captured into the larger circulation (not in its current form) but east of us.

Picking up here once again. 

Just beginning here as well again ..this is a 'what could have been'

storm around these parts. 120 miles to the west and we are swimming in snow A La MVY and MTK

Really been great snowfall for the past 90 minutes or so. New snowfall today is up to 2", with another 1/2" in the last 35 minutes. Snowing close to heavily, with visibility just beyond 1/4 mile. About 1.25" on all paved surfaces now with temps down to 31F. Radar looking like the 20-25 DBZ band is just about to end for us from the west - not clear if we'll get much more, although the regional composite radar looks like it's still snowing in eastern PA, so maybe we can tack on another inch. Gorgeous out there.

Another great call from MT Holly…..love seeing ur obs…..Are you the trained spotter out of Metuchen

At this point, the difference between a 3" storm and an 8" storm is almost academic. 

Every inch matters when you are looking to climb in the top 10 winters all time :D... Im increasingly hopeful about Tues. because of the Euro clutching on to a higher QPF solution & those over runners perform well in our neck of the woods generally

Another great call from MT Holly…..love seeing ur obs…..Are you the trained spotter out of Metuchen

Thanks, I like to try to give some details, but not a trained spotter. Whoever that is, we're usually within 0.5" of each other, though, so I guess we both know what we're doing.

Archived