joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No issues on the roads here in Alexandria, most in my neighborhood are down to blacktop and wet with slush. Not even worth going out in this crap. Terrible storm.

Same on the north side of the city from what I can see. Granted theres large snow banks on the sides of the road, but the roads themselves are fine. Everything is melting quickly with temperatures nearing 40. I think once again its a story of two different storms. At least we got good snow this time so I'm not complaining, but what those in the northern and northwestern burbs are seeing does not reflect DC and the immediate urban neighbors.

Unless we are really lucky I think we can expect a 1-2 degree drop from current readings....I think 3 is pushing it unless it is insane

so I think anyone 35 or under should be ok for accumulation...if you are 36, maybe...I think people 37 and higher right now are going to struggle later

Agreed...sitting at 35/36 here now (my favorite wxbug says 34).   I wish we could get to 33/34 BEFORE the precip hits

I am glad you guys did well this morning, I have been rooting for you.  I agree with Matt, surface temps might be an issue in some of the typically warmer places in the area, but even there I think a couple inches of really wet snow is likely, looking at the H7 track you should be good for some really nice convective bands this evening.  I think from 5-8pm is gonna rock.  I wouldn't be surprised for some of the NW suburbs to pick up another 4-8" where those bands set up.  I also think the area has a shot to do well Saturday.  I knew your time would come in this pattern with so many stj waves and cold available.  Just had to wait for luck to change.  Congrats!!!

MichaelScott, on 13 Feb 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Wish those yellows would make their way over to LYH. I want redemption for our changeover last night, lol. Where you at for a total right now, disc? 

SN starting to come together here.

18" so far. Probably 2"/hr rates still going. Little over 4" just from this ULL.

I just shoveled on the Hill. No crunchy crust on top, and nothing but puddles and slush at the bottom. So it came off the sidewalk with no problem, but holy moly, it was heavy. 

Who gave me all those 7 solid inches in south Arlington VA??  :axe:

Measured at 1030 am, just back in after a couple of hours shoveling.  It was about 2 top inches of snow-sleet mix, and a slushy bottom half-inch, with lighter snow in the middle.

36/35 here with light NNE winds.

Serious meltage going on out there, looking for a drop in the temp soon.  The solar radiation is at 135 watt/m2, which isn't helping.

Not sure where you're from, but very similar conditions here in Crofton MD.  36/34, light NNE wind.  Us east of I95 should get the best pcpn rates, but BL/surface temps will dictate how much of this accumulates...

1920216_620156044717882_1079805855_n.png

Archived