joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has just been a fantastic now-cast journey so far... and there really is so much more left in the program.  

The rain ball associated with the ULL is rotating toward the coastal regions of VA right now, and it will be interesting to track this features as it turns left and heads on up toward us later on.  

Meanwhile, rad shows some weakening tendency over all, though it is not abating on a dime, either... slow death of death banding should result in prolific snow totals from this isentropic IB activity.   

At first I saw the backing wind at Logan and though perhaps more of an east track ... that still may be the case, but I think Cape Cod Canal is likely looking at more data. 

This has just been a fantastic now-cast journey so far... and there really is so much more left in the program.  

The rain ball associated with the ULL is rotating toward the coastal regions of VA right now, and it will be interesting to track this features as it turns left and heads on up toward us later on.  

Meanwhile, rad shows some weakening tendency over all, though it is not abating on a dime, either... slow death of death banding should result in prolific snow totals from this isentropic IB activity.   

At first I saw the backing wind at Logan and though perhaps more of an east track ... that still may be the case, but I think Cape Cod Canal is likely looking at more data. 

Yes.  I can't wait for the "rain ball" to hit us and suck the life right out of the party.

How much on the ground in Randolph?  Not looking forward to shoveling the driveway so I can get the car off the road when I get home this evening.

meh, next to nothing. Just measured 2" new. Prob 1"/hr type stuff now though so maybe we push 4 if it keeps up.

This stuff is cement but I dont think the town is gonna plow the side streets like Himoor, you are not gonna have any trouble driving into your driveway, lol. It takes 10"+ and a plow berm to really stop a car.

We have flipped to rain a few times which has hurt us but its ripping again right now. CC is showing the rain line washing out nicely just to our south, tickling us occasionally.

It looks like an inverted trof firehouse almost south of RI. Ridiculous.

don't want to post any graphics b/c I don't want things to load any slower for people but just take a look at mesoanalysis!  Increbiel frontogenesis just south of that area from sfc on up...plus you have dewpoints well into the 60's in the warm sector!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't want to post any graphics b/c I don't want things to load any slower for people but just take a look at mesoanalysis!  Increbiel frontogenesis just south of that area from sfc on up...plus you have dewpoints well into the 60's in the warm sector!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just click this link. Look south coast. WTF.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=BOX-N0Q-1-24

Archived