• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

You sure are primed to get nailed with the second system. I don't think you are going to have any issues with mixing so a foot of snow is within reach. I'm jealous since I will be dealing with a lot of sleet here. I am hoping though that there will be a front end dumping as the precip moves in. Models look cold enough here for that to happen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that snow is extremely heavy and will put down a couple of inches per hour before going to sleet. Just need it to do that for a few hours and I'll be happy with whatever follows (except tons of freezing rain). There is an outside chance that dynamical cooling could offset the warm advection for a little while but no way to know that right now.

Models continue to slam me and others around here overall  though with a lot of guidance showing 2 inches liquid. Hopefully the nam is wrong because it looks like a lot of freezing rain here for a time with a thicker warm nose.

i am sort of in shock right now lol.  this is WAY more than i ever even thought of for today (and its still snowing, just over 4")  if round 2 is even 6 or 8 that would be unbelievable.  gsp graphics keep having the heaviest band awfully close to mby at about 10"

if that happens thats 14" in three days lol (i agree a foot is possible but i sure am not betting on that yet)

edited to add:

Elijay, GA.  4"  

AWESOME!!!  we were posting at the same time it looks like. just measured a little over 4" on the deck here as well :rambo:

post-289-0-83189700-1392138536_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am sort of in shock right now lol.  this is WAY more than i ever even thought of for today (and its still snowing, just over 4")  if round 2 is even 6 or 8 that would be unbelievable.  gsp graphics keep having the heaviest band awfully close to mby at about 10"

if that happens thats 14" in three days lol (i agree a foot is possible but i sure am not betting on that yet)

edited to add:

AWESOME!!!  we were posting at the same time it looks like. just measured a little over 4" on the deck here as well :rambo:

I would be right there with you on that total if my darn temp would have hit freezing.  But it never did and now it's slowly climbing up to 33.7.  Ahhhhh.....    2.5" and snow lightly but melting faster than is can accumulate now.

Here just North of the perimeter in metro Atlanta, we had significant sleet mixed with rain this morning, and it started to cover the cars with ice. At 9AM, there was nothing on bare ground, but roads were starting to show signs of accumulation (cars leaving tracks in the sludge). Temps have since picked up a couple of degrees and it's now just light rain - washed away the little ice that had formed. As best as I can tell, we're done with precip for the next several hours, so what's fallen should be gone by the time the next round gets here tonight. If temps had not risen, though, we could have had ice all over the metro area.

Does anyone know why the temps on each profile is not showing up?  33.2 in NE ATL with a stiff NE wind, think the wedge is setting up.

I think they have most of that stuff disabled to help take the load off of the database during storm mode. Everyone is sitting there hitting refresh over and over...

I would be right there with you on that total if my darn temp would have hit freezing.  But it never did and now it's slowly climbing up to 33.7.  Ahhhhh.....    2.5" and snow lightly but melting faster than is can accumulate now.

thats frustrating ugh!  hopefully you will make up for it with the next round!  its really let up here now, like flurries but with larger flakes.  just finished the last measurement since it will compact (and may melt a little if the temp rises).  ended up with 4.5"

i am sort of surprised since i think you have a little elevation too

Really coming down like white locusts

:lmao: that is a great way to describe it lol.  sweet

side note: since i imagine the server may get more loaded later today i just put my location in my sig line.  i figure we will be getting the temp/obs from people when they post lol

LOVE IT. Looks amazing on the trees here in Greenville. Overall, this first wave is doing much better than I thought it would. :)

Edit: BIG fat flakes on Woodruff Road currently.

Very big overperformer! This morning it was half inch to inch atmost!! Very sloppy with temp at 35. Hope we get into 20s tomorrow

4 inches on the ground and still going!

4" in Fountain Inn (S of Simpsonville).  Looks like heaviest stuff is almost done.  Some smaller bands.

Most of what has fallen in last 1.5hrs. seems to have been undermined for the surface.

(34-35F whole event.)  Soil temps?

More than I expected from the whole 2-day event!  If the 'big dawg' barks tomorrow...

...it's bonus for me!

Archived